Laying Eggs

Jenna96

I have a 6 month old female veiled chameleon. And i think she is gunna lay eggs soon, she looks pudgy, shes edgy, and moving around a lot.
Can i use eco earth for her, and just make a huge bunch in the corner of her terrarium, cause i do not have enough room for a big bucket thing in her cage. She has a small terrarium, but big enough for her size, just not for a bucket.

You need a sufficient place for her to dig, if not, you risk the possibility of her becoming egg bound. Do you have any plants in there? If so, she might just dig in there, but I wouldn't risk her becoming egg bound. I would "make" room in her enclosure. Maybe remove a few other things, so that the egg laying bin can fit. Another option you could go with is, having a sterile garbage can ready with laying material in it so that you can place her in it. As for the pile of eco earth in the corner, she is going to want to dig alot deeper than that.

In my opinion, if the size of her terrarium is not large enough to fit a bucket, your enclosure is probably far too small and needs to be replaced with a larger one...for a female veiled I would say at least 18x18x36....

Back
Top Bottom