LED Lights for Live Plants

Tninl

I was wondering if anyone has used an LED (light emitting diode) set up for there 6500k spectrum lighting. Since a lot of plants, even indoor require a fair amount of lighting I thought this may be a good option. My brother is currently making a DIY set up using LED's for his saltwater reef tank. It will consist of 72 high output LED's which roughly put out about 250 lumen each putting him around 18k lumen. I would likely run smaller version with around 20 LED's so i would be around 5000 lumen. A few advantages i liked about the LED's is they run cool and most of all have a 5+ year lifetime.

My main concern is if the intense lighting could cause harm to the chameleons eyes. So if anyone has had any experience with LED's or has any kind of input please let me know, thanks.

I was wondering if anyone has used an LED (light emitting diode) set up for there 6500k spectrum lighting. Since a lot of plants, even indoor require a fair amount of lighting I thought this may be a good option. My brother is currently making a DIY set up using LED's for his saltwater reef tank. It will consist of 72 high output LED's which roughly put out about 250 lumen each putting him around 18k lumen. I would likely run smaller version with around 20 LED's so i would be around 5000 lumen. A few advantages i liked about the LED's is they run cool and most of all have a 5+ year lifetime.

My main concern is if the intense lighting could cause harm to the chameleons eyes. So if anyone has had any experience with LED's or has any kind of input please let me know, thanks.

they will grow plants just fine..however the lumens per watt, are way too intense for a cham..we ar usually using maybe 5000 max with our dim set ups for chams (basically since in the wild are in mostly covered forests, or forest edge, like panthers that will bask for around 5 hours in a 12 hour day)..they would be great for a hydroponic garden tho!:D

Ah ok well that answers that, thanks for the quick reply. Any way you could give me some details on your cham enclosure daylight set up? Like you said for indoor plants i would imagine 5000 lumen would be enough.

Back
Top Bottom