Lifespan of UVB bulbs

Old thread. But wow I was under the impression that they lasted 12 months per their instructions. And I was just close to a year now so my guys been going 6 months with possible inadequate uvb. Wonder if that’s why he’s been eating less and got sick. 🤒

I like and use Arcadia bulbs, which are good for a year. Testing them with my solarmeter and I can actually get a couple of extra months.
Yea I’ve read that. I have some repti suns here though just glad I read I have to change every 6 months. After I put the new one in I noticed he stayed basking under it all day long. He definitely felt the lack of some uvb

Reptisuns havent had to be changed out every six months since they (and arcadia) switched to T5HO. Before that yea "shade" T8 bulbs didnt put out much, so after 6 months, even less of not much.

I run both arcadia and repti sun, and i cant tell the difference with my solar meter. They seem to drop to half output after 2 years, and i rotate them out into "daylight" bulbs or the 10.0's get rotated into the 5.0 cages.

Reptisuns havent had to be changed out every six months since they (and arcadia) switched to T5HO. Before that yea "shade" T8 bulbs didnt put out much, so after 6 months, even less of not much.

I run both arcadia and repti sun, and i cant tell the difference with my solar meter. They seem to drop to half output after 2 years, and i rotate them out into "daylight" bulbs or the 10.0's get rotated into the 5.0 cages.
Interesting good to know

Back
Top Bottom