Lighting

Belaris

hi all

just wanted your opinion on wether it is best to fit the tube light uv bulbs with a separate basking lamp or the all in one bulbs like the Arcadia D3 160w

thanks in advance

Gary

thanks for replying

we got him on Saturday and the person that had him was using the Arcadia D2 100w and she has had that since she got him six months ago so was time for a change of bulb but we have a bearded dragon that has the strip lights and the basking light and is thriving

I would go with a 12% tube and a separate basking spot. The bulb you mentioned last a year in general but some bulbs may only last a few months even of the same batch or brand when it comes to the all in one bulbs.

If you do use a T5 bulb make sure it's in a T5 fixture! Otherwise there could be complications with the fixture.
It's not a very big problem it's more of an energy thing in the end.

beardy and a cham

there 2 different animals that can withstand different strengths of basking. i had a basking light on my beardy of 95 degrees and he loved it would go in and out all day...however a cham no way you will have burns and dehydration. i use a powersun 100w mercury vapor and hang it over the cage about 8 inches he gets all the heat he needs and plenty of uvb at night in florida i have a temp of around 69 degrees in my room he seems to love it

getting a tube and hood from good old ebay, I an getting a 5.0 and a 10.0 UV tubes with it - what one should I use and should I put a natural light tube in the spare slot? it also has a holder for a halogen heat bulb - are they any good?

Back
Top Bottom