LIghting...

KrewElement394

Hmm so i am using a regular house lightbulb for my heating, but it is a 75 Watt..! too hot for my 6 month cham. (Veiled). Anyhow i have a 65 Watt housebulb too! but it is one of those twirly ones the ones that supposably conserve energy. are those ok? other than that i have a a regular house bulb that is 71 Watts....

You need to temp the basking spot. You can just raise a fixture that is too hot. Don't use the curly bulbs for basking/heat.:D

Nick

thanks :] the dome lamp i use is a clip lamp. it is very handy but the clip is not long enough lo so i tink ill just nail a wood cabinet on the wall and clip the lamp to it....but even though is 78-80 degrees the cham is always brown and on the basking spot!!!:/

the coil bulbs acutally give off rays that are harmful to humans as well at close ranges over long periods of exposure

Chameleons sometimes turn darker colors to absorb more heat. Compacts/ twirly bulbs are harmful to chams eyes. So replace it immediately

Hmm so i am using a regular house lightbulb for my heating, but it is a 75 Watt..! too hot for my 6 month cham. (Veiled). Anyhow i have a 65 Watt housebulb too! but it is one of those twirly ones the ones that supposably conserve energy. are those ok? other than that i have a a regular house bulb that is 71 Watts....

Try getting a 40 or 60watt tungsten incandescent instead of the 75watt. Or raise the bulb up away from the cage more.

CFLs are more efficient - meaning they give off light with more of the power consumed, rather than heat. So that one wont do you any good.

OK so now I am confused....I thought it was only the UVa/b coil bulbs that were bad. What about regular coil bulbs just for light? what about CF lights that are u shaped?? can someone please shed some light on this :) --- I have a UV/Heat lamp a tungstin bulb for more heat and two coil type CF lights just for light on a 6' long cage...am I making my cham go blind????

Back
Top Bottom