Liquid Calcium Spray for my 4 month old Male Panther Chameleon??

bigant25

Hello I recently found Out I should be dusting with calcium (calcium with no D3) Daily for my juvenile panther chameleon. I dust with d3 twice a week and with reptivite once a week since I got him. But recently my breeder told me I should use calcium to dust everyday until he is 6 months old or so.

QUESTION 1: does anyone have any input on this liquid spray calcium, it seems a lot easier to just spray it on the crickets and then serve them up for lunch. Is the liquid calcium spray better/ or worse /or the same /as the powder dusting calcium.

Question 2: I would like to get a 2nd , or 3rd, or 4th opinion on how much to dust with D3 and how much to dust with reptivite? once a week? twice a week? and at what age does this regiment change? when hes 6 months old does it change, lessen or increase? when hes a year old does it change?

Thank you in Advance for any time you take to help me out, it is much appreciated.

I would like to get the opinions from some VETERAN Panther Chameleon Owners/I'm glad I found this forum and I hope I get some quality responses to my post.

Thanks again

Anthony From NYC

Don't use the spray.

Get a calcium with no d3 powder and use that every feeding (for the rest of his life, not just till 6 months old)

Use calcium with d3 twice a month, and the multivitamin twice a month.

Forever.

**Camimom** thanks for your reply, I appreciate your help, do you mind if I ask why you discourage using the liquid over the powder? Just wanted to know if you can elaborate at all because you seemed pretty adamant to the powder over the spray and just wondering why because the pet store said its all the same? thanks again

I don't know of many people that use the calcium spray. I would be worried that the concentration might not be optimal. The dust is tried and true, and what most folks have success with.

I have not seen any users try the spray.

I believe the spray does not offer the right balance in regards to calcium and other things.

Not to mention, the spray can cause your crickets to drown, which defeats the purpose.

powders are what we use.

Personally, I don't use separate powders, I use an all in one supplement.

but that just comes down to preference and what some people like and don't.

Back
Top Bottom