Little Ezio Just Arrived

TrueSeminole

My two month old Newton Veiled Chameleon I ordered from Mike at FLchams arrived today. He is very active and so far is showing he has a big appetite. I just have a few questions. Is it possible that he can eat "too many" crickets, because he has had nine so far? Then I am having a problem with him crawling up the foam back of my Exo Terra cage and hanging upside down from the wire top.
I would like to thank Mike for the beautiful chameleon and also let everyone know he is very understanding and reputable , as we had some complications with weather and shipping that took the life of the previous Chameleon,RIP, and he took care of everything. Pictures coming soon.

Congrats on the little guy!

Is this your first cham? These guys like to live the high life so best bet to not cause any issues would be to get your lamps sittin' above the mesh on top.

Could you take pictures of his enclosure and of course, the brand new little one?

DSC01364.jpg
DSC01372.jpg
DSC01378.jpg

My camera appears to be acting up right now, but I will post more pictures when there not blurry. Oh and yes this is my first chameleon, I have him in an 18x18x24 cage now, but I already have plans for a bigger habitat when he gets larger.

My Newton veiled was doing the same thing when i first received him. I had read some people tried adding vines closer to the uvb light to help stop him from hanging upside down from the top. So i tried it and problem solved, 7 weeks later and i have yet to see him hang from the top again, might be worth trying. Also these guys can be overfed, 10-15 small crickets a day should be good.

DSC01364.jpg
DSC01372.jpg
DSC01378.jpg

My camera appears to be acting up right now, but I will post more pictures when there not blurry. Oh and yes this is my first chameleon, I have him in an 18x18x24 cage now, but I already have plans for a bigger habitat when he gets larger.

Are you using the dish in there for worms?

Chameleons drink droplets of water off of the leaves on plants instead of standing pools of water. If anything, just empty out the dish and put any sort of snack feeder (Mealworms, Waxworms, Supers, etc) inside that. When my little guy was that age and in a smaller set up I let the crickets free range it. Now I have him feedin' from a cup though. You will hear this a few times, but as long as there is plenty of ventelation and the temps/humidity is right you should have no issues. As said above, I would add some vines or branches.

What are the temps/humidity? What supplements did you buy?

I am using the little dish as his feeding bowl, I break off the crickets hind legs and he so far has came right to the dish every time I put crickets in, I am trying to train him so he knows when to eat. My temperature is about 85-90 at the top and 75-80 at the bottom. the humidity ranges from 65-70. Then I bought calcium with and without D3, but I know only to use the with D3 twice a month, right?
I actually have vines running through out the enclosure the plants and blurry camera make it hard to tell though lol.

I am using the little dish as his feeding bowl, I break off the crickets hind legs and he so far has came right to the dish every time I put crickets in, I am trying to train him so he knows when to eat. My temperature is about 85-90 at the top and 75-80 at the bottom. the humidity ranges from 65-70. Then I bought calcium with and without D3, but I know only to use the with D3 twice a month, right?
I actually have vines running through out the enclosure the plants and blurry camera make it hard to tell though lol.

Kinda curious, does he gape while he is up towards the top?

I haven't noticed him doing it, but I did solve my problem of him climbing upside down by moving my lights to the front of the enclosure.

Back
Top Bottom