Little help :)

Jago

Hello again,

i can see down the threads that this is a very common question but im in the uk and us brits seem to be shortchanged on the amount of equipment that we can purchase. Ive decided on a viv im gonna get the Exo-Terra Reptile Lizard Screen Terrarium Cage 24x18x24. Is this an ok size for a adult cham? This viv is also compatible with the exo terra compact top which is basically a light fitting to hold the bulbs. http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/compact_top.php

If someone could be helpful and please vist exo terra's website (link above) and tell me what bulbs to get for heat, light etc that fit the compact top. I would just buy a normal lamp but my girlfreind doesnt want it to look messy as the little fella will be going in the lounge.

thank you

Those dimensions would accommodate many, but not all, species. What species are you interested in keeping.
I would steer clear of compact fluorescents ... especially with an enclosure that small.
An 18" Repti-sun 5.0 UVB fluorescent linear tube is a MUCH better choice.

-Brad

Thanks for the advice brad. Im still undecided on the cham, its either a veiled or a panther. With th ReptiSun how do you house it? is it just the bulb?

You wont be able to put that large of a chameleon in that size cage.
Maybe a carpet, peacock, or Mt.Meru, but even that cage can be a bit small.
I would shot for an 18x18x30.

Back
Top Bottom