Little white bugs in plant soil!

Daniel266jz

Avid Member
So I have these little white bugs I saw crawling around my panther chameleons plant soil really small almost resembling ants. Does anyone know what these are? Are they harmful?I don’t have any pictures.

Probably Springtails, these are helpful, they eat the decaying plant matter, and if your cham poops in the soil they will eat some of it (if there are enough) post pictures though.

I just got home from a 4 hour drive I’ll post a picture tomorrow and really they just randomly showed up so they aren’t bad to have? How do you usually get them lol?

They are great to have. They Live in nutrient rich soil and add to the aeration and cleaning of the soil. People typically use them in bioactive set ups. You can buy them or find them pretty much anywhere

They are great to have. They Live in nutrient rich soil and add to the aeration and cleaning of the soil. People typically use them in bioactive set ups. You can buy them or find them pretty much anywhere
Wow I did not know that lol. Then I guess I saved myself the trouble of getting them no wonder his plant is so healthy and I never see a poo lol. Only little pieces

Youd have to have TONS to efficiently remove the poop. Are they crawling all over the place? You can tell if you have a lot by grabbing a handful of soil, if they're jumping all over the place in every handful, then you're population is booming.

Youd have to have TONS to efficiently remove the poop. Are they crawling all over the place? You can tell if you have a lot by grabbing a handful of soil, if they're jumping all over the place in every handful, then you're population is booming.
I stuck my finger in and grabbed a good amount I saw then running everywhere had a few crawling on me actually I didn’t know I had so many hahah

Back
Top Bottom