Longevity of Panther Chameleons - who has the oldest living Panther?

Thank you, thank you, thank you! All the responces are wonderful and sooooo informative! So, Dopey is still our winner! 9 Years old and going strong! Anyone knows a older than 9 year old Panther out there?

Wow, cool, amazing! We have discovered a 9 year old panther! His name is Dopey! He is blind but doing well! His family is doing a marvelous job taking care of him! Check him out on Chameleon Central USA! Dopey, this far you are the winner! 9 Years old and going strong! Does anyone know of any Panther chameleon out there that is older than 9 years old? Your help, posts and participation in this thread is appreciated incredibly much!

I just put one of my panther girls down this week, she was 6 3/4 yrs old, and Max was 10 days short of being 7 when he passed- the pic is of Max & Elliott - Max was our PR chameleon for our rescue :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-01-15-27-45.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-01-15-27-45.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 183
So, Dopey still holds the record of 9 years old and going strong! Does anyone out there have a Panther chameleon that got older than 9 years old? You input is greatly appreciated!

I picked up a WC male Sambava in 94 i assumed he was a year old when i got him, he passed in 2001.

About 3 months after i got him he learned the timing of my hand misting schedule! Every day at noon he would be at the front of his enclosure, when he saw the want he would just open his mouth and drink up..

9 years old is crazy long. Unreal! The oldest Panther I ever had was an Ambilobe, Max, who lived to be a smidge over 7 years. He was not at all nice and could be an absolute turd. I truly believed that it was his ornery nature that kept him around that long. Lol.....I do miss him though.

So these guys made it for a while! Seems like 6 to 8 years is emerging as a average male panther chameleon lifespan. BUT- we have Dopey - still alive and doing ok at age 9! Amazing! Can anyone challenge this age?

It does seem like we have concluded this thread with no more traffic here for about one week! To all who contributed, you are valued and appreiated! Dopey, you are the star! 9 Years old and still going strong! Happy new year Dopey!

Back
Top Bottom