Maddy sunning herself

rolyatnnelg

Maddy making the most of the rare English sun while i try and sort her cage:D

Attachments

• DSC02906compressed.jpg
    DSC02906compressed.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 169
She's a cutie! :D How old is she? The current weather is wonderful (for chams, not so much us though, lol!) - my Amy loves it outside too! Tommy hates it, bless him!

She does look a youngster, it's a long time since Amy was that small, although it sounds about right. Don't let her get too hot outside - babies can't thermoregulate like adults, therefore she will overheat and get dehydrated if she's out for too long.

Also - never leave her outside unattended! There have been so many stories on here of chams who have escaped or been taken by birds, etc when the owner turned their backs for only a couple of minutes. These things can and do happen, not always with a happy ending either. Do you have a cage to put her in whilst she's outside? They can also squeeze through very small gaps too at that age - Amy used to! They are like toddlers, lol! Can't take your eyes off of 'em for a second! Its amazing how fast they can move when the fancy takes them.

I remember when my Mia was that small, god they grow so fast. :rolleyes: She's a little cutie and looks like she's enjoying her time outside. I hate the heat but Mia loves to be out so i suffer for her, lol. Was that maddie's first time outside?

Yes first time and probably one of only a few opportunities with the weather here in england ;)

I know what you mean, im in the north of England, good old geordie land and the weather has been up and down this past week or so. Maddie is brave, when i first took Mia out she clung to me, bless her. She's a lot more confident these days.

How is it down in Sunny Eastbourne?

We are due to make a visit soon... Spend the odd week down there every year and the odd couple of days when the mood takes us.

Good luck with your little girl, keep and eye on them gulls! They'd have her in no time!

Had her nearly 2 weeks now and loving it :D, Eastbourne is good thanks gary1621 just not so sunny at the moment, where abouts in london are you? also does anybody have a good source for suppliments (calcium etc) in the UK? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom