Made a few changes

port

Your Chameleon- 2-3 month old female veiled, in my care since august 26th 2010.
Handling- Once or twice a week, she does not seemed stressed when handled, does not hiss or bite.
Feeding- Small Crickets gutloaded with veggies cale, dandelion greens, collard greens and zilla gutload food,
Supplements- almost always use calcium supplement without d3 on occasionally put a cricket in without coating it.
Watering- I mist several times a day, keep humidity 60+ she does not like being sprayed but once a day i soak her until i see her open her mouth.
Fecal Description- Large turds urate is white everyday.

Cage type- Built from a 10 gallon aquarium with a 15 inch high screen enclosure on top. 20in x 10.5in x 28. bottom is lined with paper towel.
Lighting- Night Black Heat Incandescent Spot Light 50 watt, Reptiglo 5.0 UVB 15 watt tube fl, I use a under counter fixture, heat light is on 24 hours, uvb is 12 hours on 12 off.
Temperature- At Highest 81 at basking spot, low cool bottom of glass cage is a low of 72. Measured with the zoomed thermometer with probe.
Humidity- Humidity is steady 60 when i mist rises to 80, measured with an analog hygrometer.
Plants- A small Schefflera and two fake leaves for cover.
Placement- In my room on my desk 4 feet high off the ground, no one really but me around, my room is a dark color gray and she gets little sunlight she will be moving in front of a large window with sunlight when the new enclosure gets here.
Location- Long Island NY

Any Input opinion is appreciated I am no longer using the CFL uvb bulb and the 5.0 is almost a blue light, what are the specifics on choosing a regular fluorescent bulb to use for better light?

here is the description on the bulb that comes with the under cabinet fixture, does this work?
F15T8 fluorescent light bulbs are a common size fluorescent lamp which has many special applications throughout the lighting industry. It's been primarily used as a task light bulb because of it's small size. Many of these lamps were designed with this type of application in mind and are still used in many retail task lighting fixtures. F15T8 fluorescent light bulbs come in a cool white, warm white or daylight color so you have several choices for your lighting needs.

I would recommend getting rid of the black light for heat (especially at night as it is healthy for your cham to have a drop in heat at night, they can handle temps easily into low 60's) and just use a normal incandescent household lightbulb for a basking bulb through the day. If you still want more light you can get a 6500k daylight fluorescent tube to brighten things up and it will also benefit the live plant that you have.

Yes, this is what I am trying to do from what advice I've been given so far. I went and got another fixture with a regular daylight tube fluorescent and I was just checking the temperatures what concerns me is that the basking spot temperature with the repti glo 5.0 15 watt and this f15 daylight bulb is at a high 75 degrees. Is this too low? The bottom area in the is at low 60s with the heat bulb on at night.

What i am thinking of doing is leaving the heat bulb in and getting an extremely low watt daylight bulb so its not just light from the uvb bulb, can someone explain what the difference between my heat bulb which is just a spot incandescent to, the say spot incandescent grow light?

Also is it a bad thing that i went from the 10.0 uvb CFL to 5.0 UVB Tube FL?

The 5.0 was a great move but next time you replace get the reptisun brand.
Get rid of all those other lights. You should have all lights off for 12 hours at night while she sleeps. She needs to be dark and cool at night. If it get really cold in your house you can use a 15 or 25 watt regular house hold bulb for heat. Do you have the other two supplements that you need? Calcium with D3 and a mulit vit.?

Also, why not get a dripper for water? You say she does not like being sprayed. This way you will know there is a constant source of water going. I let mine drip almost all day long so I never have to wonder if I offered enough water or not. I guess if your urates are white, then it is ok but then you wouldnt have to mist her until she opens her mouth. Just a suggestion! And as Jann B said what about the other important supplements?

Back
Top Bottom