Major ant infestation!

I've done ants before.. Its no fun at all. Some natural non-toxic ways of controlling your problem. First, ants don't like crossing chalk. If you chalk around where they are entering, they will stop until they find a different way to get where they are going. Another great way to get rid of them is if you know here the are coming from is leave cucumber peels around mound/nest whatever its called they will find another house to bother! I've used both of these and they really do work. Maybe try putting peels in/around your feeder box. Non toxic! Here is a link to a web page that might help out as well. http://frugalliving.about.com/od/doityourself/tp/Get_Rid_of_Ants_Cheaply.htm

I've done ants before.. Its no fun at all. Some natural non-toxic ways of controlling your problem. First, ants don't like crossing chalk. If you chalk around where they are entering, they will stop until they find a different way to get where they are going. Another great way to get rid of them is if you know here the are coming from is leave cucumber peels around mound/nest whatever its called they will find another house to bother! I've used both of these and they really do work. Maybe try putting peels in/around your feeder box. Non toxic! Here is a link to a web page that might help out as well. http://frugalliving.about.com/od/doityourself/tp/Get_Rid_of_Ants_Cheaply.htm

Thanks so much! I will try that :)

I live in Missouri and have been experiencing a ton of ants in and around the cage. I found the method to getting rid of them. Four major things: 1.) It you have a plant in the cage, change out the soil with some organic soil. The easiest way to do this is taking a garden hose and get the soil wet enough so it becomes easy to remove to the point when the water releases the rest of the clumps (ants could be creating another nest inside your soil. I have personally found coconut soil to work great) 2.) Clean the entire cage top to bottom with antibacterial soap. 3.) Leave crushed red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper spice on a plate near the cage. Be careful to not use too much, this could irritate the chameleon's sinuses, eyes, and skin. I have heard this method before, but after a day or two, they won't come back. 4.) Empty your trash can at least once a day in the room and get rid of all drinks especially anything with sugar in it including fruit drinks. I've found this is the easiest way to attract them. Also make sure that you do not leave any insects inside the cage overnight and clean up the chameleons urate/droppings. Haven't had to deal witb the problem since. Another way to get them out is by putting Sliced fruit outside the house where they will surely find it. Make sure other pets do not eat this decaying fruit. Orange juice is something they crave.

Back
Top Bottom