Male J. Xantholophus (Rango)

They are very docile compared to panthers and veileds, the opposite end of the spectrum if you would... As far as the merus and jj's, cb specimens are few and far between. And most the people who have pairs at the moment plan on keeping any offspring, trust me.. ive been lookin. Hoenelli are a good choice as well, but still not readily available. But I expect to see more and more within the next year or so. More members are getting them, and making an effort to breed them. Expect Bradys sometime late next year, at the earliest:)

Monty seems rather chilled too. But then I've had him since he was a tiny 7 week old little scrap, so he should be used to me by now! I understand that his parents were wild caught, and his mother is also very docile. She is a little sweetie. Like everything else, they are all different, and Monty actually reached out to me the other day! It brought a tear to my eye to have him do that. It was a very special moment.

A few pics i had from earlier this week, He has really been enjoying his time outside and almost seems depressed whenever i have to bring him in. So even when the temps are in the 90s hes outside with the hose running. He is a little on the heavy side right now so hes only fed every 2-3 days right now, last weighing he was 117g!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1344089366832.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1344089366832.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 86
I just weighed my male xantholophus and he came in at 90g. He's close to 2 1/2 years old I think. I feed he pretty conservatively. He's shedding right now and looks like he'll have more blue coloration.

I just weighed my male xantholophus and he came in at 90g. He's close to 2 1/2 years old I think. I feed he pretty conservatively. He's shedding right now and looks like he'll have more blue coloration.

Nice. Your boy always shows some nice blue.

Id like to get him down around 105 but we'll see how that goes.

Back
Top Bottom