Male or Female

jfouch

Hello all, I just wanted to make sure this is indeed a male chameleon. It was sold as a male from Franken Chameleons but I've read today he has sold 3 others on here females as males.

Attachments

• chamsexing2.jpg
    chamsexing2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 175
  • chamsexing1.jpg
    chamsexing1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 139
  • chamsexing3.jpg
    chamsexing3.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 149
Take a ruler or pen and have the Cham climb on it. Then turn it to the side- that's the easiest way to get a good pic.

Do female panthers develop green colors? I was under the impression they have more pastel colors and no green. My panther has some green developing.

Do female panthers develop green colors? I was under the impression they have more pastel colors and no green. My panther has some green developing.

Depends on locale mostly. Females can show a wide variety of colors (mainly pastel like you said) but if you want to be sure give us a clear side shot with tail straight out and we can tell you right away.

I say male! The tail base looks too thick to be a female. Another pic from the side would help. But based on what I see, I say male.

Is is an ambiole. It has very distinct green coming in which is leading me to believe it is a male. I tried getting him out his cage and on a ruler. It didn't go well.... :eek: Man does he/she hate being handled. I will try again in a week or two if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom