Male veiled hates female veiled??

Dez

Chamalot Chameleons
A friend of mine asked me if I would stud out my male veiled, Daigan for his female, Moss. I agreed and took her home.

Daigan has been with my female veiled, Kira before and was very Calm and nice to her.. I expected the same kind of 'passive interest ' when I showed him Moss....

However when I showed him Moss he acted very aggressive.. He puffed up and lunged at her as if to bite her! I put her in a cage next to his cage and tried a few days later.. Same reaction, total aggression.

Moss on the other hand does nothing.. stays an army green color and seems more concerned with me than Daigan.

I don't get it. When Daigan sees Kira he acts very interesdted.. but when he sees Moss it it obvious aggression.

This weekend I will try to take them both out of the cage so they can meet on neutral ground. If it doesn't work I will have to return Moss and tell him Daigan couldn't get the job done. :confused:

If you took the female home and introduced her to the male's enclosure, I'm sure it was due to territory. It is important to introduce the male to the female's enclosure. Males can be very territorial.

If you took the female home and introduced her to the male's enclosure, I'm sure it was due to territory. It is important to introduce the male to the female's enclosure. Males can be very territorial.

When it comes to veileds i would have to agree .

I've witnessed the exact same behaviour in male veileds. I'm certain that's the problem. I only have experience with veileds, and not much at that. Do other types of chams show the same territorial behaviour?

Back
Top Bottom