Meet Grimlock!

What's the clear material you made the edges with? I like how your brain works. lol

That is just some 1/16" acrylic I grabbed from Home Depot, this is 2.0 version, my first didn't have those and the roaches immediately capitalized on my error and ran behind the mesh and hid, so that keeps everyone in the feeding area now.

Very nice. Is the light on the side of the enclosure? Looks like it is with a clamp or a stand. Amazing work.

Yes that is the basking light on the side, more of a quick solution. I got a bit carried away during the design of the cage to think about how much space a lamp like that would take up and it wouldn't fit on top!! I had modeled the LYR fixture I have on top, so I based the spacing on that which was my mistake, but I think the side mount worked out nice anyways. Its cold here in Michigan so it lets me change the bulbs easier and really point it to a nice open area he can get to, to warm up.

But its just a leg of the aluminum with some bolts to clamp onto, that's the nice thing about this cage its all modular and can be moved around or pieces added with just a square nut and bolt!

Yes that is the basking light on the side, more of a quick solution. I got a bit carried away during the design of the cage to think about how much space a lamp like that would take up and it wouldn't fit on top!! I had modeled the LYR fixture I have on top, so I based the spacing on that which was my mistake, but I think the side mount worked out nice anyways. Its cold here in Michigan so it lets me change the bulbs easier and really point it to a nice open area he can get to, to warm up.
Awesome!! I need to do that. I won't have much clearance with my ZooMed light fixture to house ceiling. Never thought of the side. Glad I saw this. :)

You are essentially reptile Jesus. 17/10. Absolutely amazing work that you have done! With regards to the feeder, I am working on a layout for a cricket feeder similar to this that can be 3D printed for those who have access to one. I work as a student assistant in the IT department at my school, so I get a few extra privileges others may not. I was thinking essentially doing just what you have done with the screen and bottom trays, just all in one very light weight piece for the chamys :)
Will a 3d printer made cup be slick enough?

The kind of material used in 3D Printers is very similar to that used in the plastic screen Reed7786 used in his designs. It's either silicone or some sort of other light-weight plastic. It's not very gritty, but trying to use the printer itself is ;)

Reed,
Fantastic set up and quite an enclosure for your little guy. Please let us know when/ if your interested in providing the plans and dimensions for your enclosures. Very nice.

The kind of material used in 3D Printers is very similar to that used in the plastic screen Reed7786 used in his designs. It's either silicone or some sort of other light-weight plastic. It's not very gritty, but trying to use the printer itself is ;)

Typically if you have a filament type printer, your looking at PLA or ABS plastic.

Po$t what you figure out will work and see if you and others can meet in the market. There are definitely shoppers for nice big cages out here in the internets... From what I can see you've made a really nice set up.

I would be interested to know what it would cost, if offered for sale.

As I said, this is a great design! You've got a future as a lizard architect! :D

Looks like the price would come in around $4,400. Its steep, but if interested PM me and I can get you details. Its a lifetime cage being Aluminum so something to think about if you know you will be owning Chams for a long time!

Back
Top Bottom