Meet Trig!

BKO Overdrive

Established Member
Wanted to say thanks for everyone who helped me make this guys home just a little bit better. Ive learned alot and i continue to learn threw you guys. Here are pictures of him as promised for all who helped me. @Andee @RBCam @paulkaranik @Fiona's Mom . The Setup Was i cut a hole at the top of the bin. Then i screwed a screen over it, because if he falls i dont want him going into the drip tray abyss. Then i put a cookie sheet bar tray on the left side to hold the weight of the small ficus I got so no weight was on the screen itself. Then I water proofed the first and second shelfs, in case the first fails I have the second as a backup, then i put all there supplies in the third shelf. I used to spray my vield for 1 min sessions but since they are on the same timer and this guy needs more i went to 2 min. Which is enough for this guy for now in his cage. Wet everything and he just sits in the mist and he closes his eyes and drinks. Then when its over he opens his eyes and walks around drinking the water. I put a small feeding tray in there for now but i got one from nick barta.

Attachments

• Setup Bin.jpg
    Setup Bin.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 126
  • Final Setup.jpg
    Final Setup.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 146
  • In Cage.jpg
    In Cage.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 121
  • On hand.jpg
    On hand.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 152
Sounds like he is acting like a happy Jackson when it comes to water intake. My girl loves mistings so much. They are such water lovers.

He looks very healthy considering his past. He looks about 5 or 6 months old. Not sure if we decided on age in the last thread. He's got a bit more growing to do, he's already got a gorgeous set of horns, he will be a real beautiful boy.

He looks very healthy considering his past. He looks about 5 or 6 months old. Not sure if we decided on age in the last thread. He's got a bit more growing to do, he's already got a gorgeous set of horns, he will be a real beautiful boy.

Really that old already? I Only placed him at 3 months maybe. However Im used to my veild. Also ive never seen him eat just yet, but i put 10 small cricks in is bowl and when i come back there was only 2 and he pooped

I commend you for getting the fairly new two leave drip waterfall btw. Looks like you care and put some time into his enclosure. Nicely done, good work!

I commend you for getting the fairly new two leave drip waterfall btw. Looks like you care and put some time into his enclosure. Nicely done, good work!

Thank you, I put it in there in hopes that maybe he will use it, if not then its always there for him, plus he will have the long misting all day. Only thing im thinking is i put the vine going to his basking spot. He hasn't used it yet, not sure if hes still shy but i hope he warms up if he needs to, the top left part of his cage is kinda empty, Not sure if i should add anything. He loves his ficus and he hangs in there mostly all day. Or on his vine in the center

What a coincidence. I just bought that same rubbermaid drawer set to use as my stand and drainage. You have very good taste.

I actually stumbled upon it. My original idea was to make a PVC cage and add a bucket at the bottom. But i ran into this and it was perfect.

If anyone sees something that ca be altered or added, please let me know, Im open to all sugestions
Looks good to me. Tho, there is a lot of open space still up high.

Personally, I'd add more branches (or wooden dowels, which are cheap but don't look as "natural"), horizontally and vertically. Then you can get some fake vines with leaves and wrap them around the branches/dowels to provide even more cover.

Looks good to me. Tho, there is a lot of open space still up high.

Personally, I'd add more branches (or wooden dowels, which are cheap but don't look as "natural"), horizontally and vertically. Then you can get some fake vines with leaves and wrap them around the branches/dowels to provide even more cover.

Okay actually have wooden dowels so i can toss a few in there, thats a good idea, thank you, ill work on giving him more cover up there, It did look a bit empty.

Congratulations on your new little guy. He is awesome:cool:. I've never seen the leaf drip system you have...where did you find it? I also like your stand/drainage...looks good. Even though he looks pretty good I would still take him to the Vet ASAP to check for parasites. (y)

Congratulations on your new little guy. He is awesome:cool:. I've never seen the leaf drip system you have...where did you find it? I also like your stand/drainage...looks good. Even though he looks pretty good I would still take him to the Vet ASAP to check for parasites. (y)

I actually got the leaf drip system off of Ebay as it was cheaper than amazon. Its a large system, but in reality it only works for smaller cages. It was originaly Julias but when she moved to the larger cage I had no way to support the cub for the drip system, I could perhaps put a shelf. But i got big dripper and hang it on the top of the cage. But i do need to get him tested. I lost my camera when i added the second cage so this weekend will be spent adding it back So i can see what there doing. His poops are white so i know he has to be drinking

Back
Top Bottom