Memphis's first shed? Or just a ghost?

blackhawk007

Memphis's first shed? Or just a ghost?..pics

So the last few days I have noticed that Memphis's color has started to turn kinda chalky looking I have never actually seen in person what chams look like prior to shedding but I can assume that this is it. So let me know what you think. If you agree, then does anyone know about how long it takes from this point to actually start actually shedding skin, and is there anything that I need to keep an eye on? He is still drinking, eating like crazy.

Photo from a few weeks ago.
2012-04-07_15-47-43_321-1.jpg

Photo from 10 min ago.
2012-04-23_17-17-36_719.jpg

He's about to shed, just keep the humidity where it should be and wait to see how nice and clean he looks when he's finished :)

The colors are lurking under there. I bought some Zoo Med "Shedding Aid" spray
get

on a whim when I was at Petsmart. I thought mine were looking a little dull and I wanted some kind of moisturizer or scale conditioning item. Within 2 days after spraying them with it the female shed and a couple days later, the male. I don't know if it helped or not, but they shed pretty quickly after applying it. I also noticed when misted the water seemed to penetrate more and they'd be wet looking, as opposed to the water beading and sitting on the surface.
Anybody else use this or something like it? Any moisturizing tips?

First shed almost complete (while in our care at least). It took about a week before he started pealing. Then it took about an hour for most of it to come off. Much quicker than I expected.

2012-04-27_17-00-02_234.jpg

Looking at all of the pictures together, he's definitely brighter now than when we got him! Can't wait to see how he continues to progress with colors and personality!! :D

Back
Top Bottom