Mist King timer times!

nosymitsio

Guys anyone who uses the mist king or any other mister could you maybe help me out by telling me what times and lengths of times you mist for? I've got my 4 month old in a repti breeze and its set to mist every two hours for 30 seconds but I'm am not sure if a should cut that down to every 3 hours and a longer period of misting?

I have mine set up to mist 5 times a day starting 30 min after the lights come on and no later than about 1.5 hours before lights out. I make sure that the cage vines and leaves dry out between mistings. I set my timer initially for 30 seconds with a 1 min misting at noon. Then I gradually increase my misting times until they are an average of 1.5 min

I also set the system up to do a long misting on Mon, Wed, Fri for 4 min.

You need some sort of drainage pan for your caging when using longer interval mistings. In the near future I'm adding rain domes but I will have them on a separate system misting daily at noon and a 4 min interval 3 times weekly.

You're going to get a lot of different opinions for misting times but the big thing is that your cham is getting enough hydration without being damp all day. He/she must dry out between mistings and be dry by the time lights go out.

IMO.

Good luck.

I do 4 times a day... starting about half hour afters she "crawls out of bed" for 15 minutes... then the rest are on average 4-5 minutes. Realizing you are going to need some good drainage if you're going to mist for longer periods. With my cycle everything dries out completely before the next misting.

Thanks well the cage is small and it's drying out between misting think al take one small mist out and replace it with one longer mist! This is his temp cage just now am buying a hydroflow cage from Muji for when he's ready to move so drainage will be sorted then. Still keep the times coming its interesting to see how everyone works there mist kings have to say there an amazing bit of kit

Suppose it'll depend on enclosure size, type and temps etc

My panther Cham is in quite a large wood,glass and mesh enclosure. Basking temp 90f

f0c8f2b99707d99f8069c1728037b6ec.jpg

His mistking schedule, which produces 58% humidity, allows the enclosure to dry between mistings, and makes his urates bright white( so he must be drinking well) is:

8am- for 10 mins (after lights have been on for an hour)
11am - 5 mins
2pm - 10mins
5pm - 5mins

Lights out at 8/9pm so enclosure has plenty time to completely dry before bed time

Hope that helps :)

I have my 5 month old in a Medium Reptibreeze home right now. During mistings the humidity spikes to 100% but between mistings its at 70%

I have it going 4 times a day. 9, 11, 2, 430.

Besides the 9 am misting which is 2 minutes, every other misting is 1 minute long.

His urates are whiter then the snow outside my house, and after his last shed has grown in size and is really healthy.

Back
Top Bottom