Mister Filtering Idea

Ab093

So I ordered my misting system today and hope to get it in the next couple days. I was thinking (dangerous, I know:p) of ways to filter it a little better and was wondering if anyone has ever thought of adding something like a Brita filter to their own water reservoir. I had a rough idea of putting one in the top of a 5 gallon bucket or a similar reservoir so when i fill it, it will run through the filter. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Any feedback would be much appreciated!

What is it that your trying to accomplish with filtering? Cleaner water (free of chlorine, sediments, nitrate etc)? Or are you trying to keep the water that enters the misting tubes free of debri? If the later you could maybe cut a peice of foam like they sell for aquarium filters and put it on the end of your pick up tube in the water. If you want filter for chlorine etc you may choose an under sink RO system or something. I bought an RO system at Lowe's about 3 months ago or so and I love it. It was under $160 so not too pricey. You could also maybe put a activated charcoal filter in your water bucket. The kind that they sell for fish tank resevoirs. Just a few ideas, hope it helped.

What is it that your trying to accomplish with filtering? Cleaner water (free of chlorine, sediments, nitrate etc)? Or are you trying to keep the water that enters the misting tubes free of debri? If the later you could maybe cut a peice of foam like they sell for aquarium filters and put it on the end of your pick up tube in the water. If you want filter for chlorine etc you may choose an under sink RO system or something. I bought an RO system at Lowe's about 3 months ago or so and I love it. It was under $160 so not too pricey. You could also maybe put a activated charcoal filter in your water bucket. The kind that they sell for fish tank resevoirs. Just a few ideas, hope it helped.
Just looking to be POSITIVE the water I'm using is pretty clean. Also I was looking for a little cheaper solution. I'm sure my water is clean already, just figured you cant be too safe with it, I've have seen many options out there including the RO systems but it seems a little out of my budget at the moment.

From the research I have done on water.....it is not the best to use RO or distilled water as it is completely stripped of all essential minerals. You may be best using tap water treated with reptisafe or a regular under the sink filter. there are kidney related issues caused by using water without minerals. Spring water is said to be adequate.

From the research I have done on water.....it is not the best to use RO or distilled water as it is completely stripped of all essential minerals. You may be best using tap water treated with reptisafe or a regular under the sink filter. there are kidney related issues caused by using water without minerals. Spring water is said to be adequate.
Well like I said I'm sure the water I have now is clean since I get it from my fridge which has a filter, but I was thinking maybe another filter would just be that added bit of comfort since I only want the best for my big guy :) but maybe it could be too much filtering?

Really? I've been using RO at the warehouse. Should I adjust?

I'd like more opinions as well. Everything I read on here months ago said distilled or RO or both so the RO is the way I went.

I would advise you to do more research and form your own opinion. I have read articles from several sources analyzing water. If you are using a supplement like Minerall that has essential minerals it may make up for a lack of minerals in the water. I'm not going to say that everyone using RO or distiller water are doomed, it's just my science background leads me to research more than I need to and overcompensate accordingly.

I would advise you to do more research and form your own opinion. I have read articles from several sources analyzing water. If you are using a supplement like Minerall that has essential minerals it may make up for a lack of minerals in the water. I'm not going to say that everyone using RO or distiller water are doomed, it's just my science background leads me to research more than I need to and overcompensate accordingly.

That's cool. I am using Sticky Tongue Miner-ALL indoor formula twice a month right now.;)

I use RO water. from my understanding it is distilled water the you want to avoid as it is stripped of pretty much everything bad and good as stated.
RO has most of the heavy minerals and chlorines removed but still contains some of the lighter trace minerals.
I am no water expert tho, LoL

I use RO water. from my understanding it is distilled water the you want to avoid as it is stripped of pretty much everything bad and good as stated.
RO has most of the heavy minerals and chlorines removed but still contains some of the lighter trace minerals.
I am no water expert tho, LoL

Thank you for your input. I do like when a topic like this comes up because it leads us to do more research and think about things rather than just take what someone says as truth. I will go back and try to locate some articles for more information and share them when I have a chance.

But you should always take everything I say as Gospel :cool::rolleyes:. Since I have nothing to add to this debate I will let you guys muddle through it and say 'Yorkshire tap water is da bomb-safe to drink, safe to clean your eyes with and has a relatively large amount of Calcium Carbonate:D'. Now can someone stop me posting irrelevant fanfaronade please......it's time for me to go to the pet shop and buy some insects soon.....

But you should always take everything I say as Gospel :cool::rolleyes:. Since I have nothing to add to this debate I will let you guys muddle through it and say 'Yorkshire tap water is da bomb-safe to drink, safe to clean your eyes with and has a relatively large amount of Calcium Carbonate:D'. Now can someone stop me posting irrelevant fanfaronade please......it's time for me to go to the pet shop and buy some insects soon.....

Hmmm, my family all live in Yorkshire........and the only excuse for them we've come across is there must be something in the water.........lol

Dave

Hmmm, my family all live in Yorkshire........and the only excuse for them we've come across is there must be something in the water.........lol

Dave

:D ......Yorkshire, Yorkshire, born and bred....strong in the arm and thick in the head lol.
And where are you from mate?

I already had an RO/DI system for my Salt Water Fish & Coral tanks, so I just use that same RO/DI water for my chameleon's Mister/Reptifogger.

At the same time, not using distilled water can clog up your mister and break it.

:D ......Yorkshire, Yorkshire, born and bred....strong in the arm and thick in the head lol.
And where are you from mate?

I'm in Cornwall, my Dads family are all in Sheffield and the surrounding areas, and that quote may not speak for all yorkshiremen.......but maybe most LOL!

Dave

Back
Top Bottom