Misting Schedule for a baby panther?

chamycham

Hi guys what misting schedule do you "recommend" for a baby panther, I don´t have any cham yet, I have the monsoon.

Thanks!!

lights on at 7am
1st misting @ 730am 5minutes
2nd misting @ 1pm 5minutes
3rd misting @ 5pm 5minutes
lights off @ 7pm

You can toss some more in at 10 and 3 depending on how well that holds your humidity. If it blasts your humidity thru the roof and is flooding your setup then cut back from longer mistings to shorter.

Its a balance act and each enclosure/setup is different due to plant load etc...

Aim your Monsoon at a plant or leaves and set the cycle for EVERY hour for 12 seconds. Thats what i have on my smaller Chams that are on a Monsoon. Smaller chams get dehydrated very easy, especially in summer. You want to have a dripper avaliable most of their awake time and mist ever soo often. But because you have a programable mister. I'd do short, requent mistings. (it will both help with humidity and provide drinking opportunities)

How old and how big is the Panther? Post a pic if you can and a pic fo the cage you keep it in..

I've always done shorter mistings, moren with baby chameleons. It keeps the humidity from fluctuating, and they have water readily available as Jon mentioned.

As a note, you have to be careful with too much water at once. I have a friend that did long misting with a baby Veiled and she passed away from the water blocking her nostrils.

Back
Top Bottom