Mistking problems?

Toph00

I've had my Mistking for a little over a month now, it was working perfectly until about a day ago. I noticed that it stopped going off. I made sure all of the tubes were in the right spots tightly and I even went as far to reset the entire thing. I have it connected to a surge protected but everything else that is plugged in to it is working fine. Any ideas on what to do???

I've had my Mistking for a little over a month now, it was working perfectly until about a day ago. I noticed that it stopped going off. I made sure all of the tubes were in the right spots tightly and I even went as far to reset the entire thing. I have it connected to a surge protected but everything else that is plugged in to it is working fine. Any ideas on what to do???

Plug it directly into the outlet: IE.... by pass the timer. If it still doesnt work then the pump is gone or the converter is. If it does work... then the problem is the timer. Check to make sure all electrical connections are secure;)

The pump won't turn on or water won't come out of the nozzle?

Try plugging straight into an outlet like Davonat said and if that doesn't work then its most likely your motor went out. If it does try reseting your timer.
If you meant your nozzles are clogged, unscrew the tip of nozzle and clean out the screen

you didn't really tell us what the problem is so its hard to give you solutions but...

1) make sure you are using RO/distilled water (not tap water)

2) make sure you are not running the pump DRY

3) check if the problem is the pump or the timer
--if its the pump, odd for it to have burned out within 1 month unless you ran it dry
--or if either component got wet y ou may have burned it out...?

4) if the pump comes on, but no water is coming out of your nozzles, you may have clogged your nozzles (likely from using tap water). easy check for this is to unplug the nozzle (but leave the tube plugged in) and see if water is coming out of the tube...if it comes out of the tube, but not the nozzle, your nozzle is most likely clogged

you didn't really tell us what the problem is so its hard to give you solutions but...

1) make sure you are using RO/distilled water (not tap water)

2) make sure you are not running the pump DRY

Tap water is not going to make it not turn on, and it can run dry so I highly doubt those are reasons to be concerned about.

Probably hit something on the timer is my guess.

Tap water is not going to make it not turn on, and it can run dry so I highly doubt those are reasons to be concerned about.

AAAHHHH.. Yes....... I have forgot to make sure the timer is set on auto!;) Its either ON, OFF or on auto. Ive done random nonscheduled mistings and forgot to push the button one more time setting it to auto:eek:

or if you can hear the pimo going but nothin is happening oyu may have developed and air loc.
to fix if so
remove the output hose, then connect a short pc of hose and run into the resivoir. then turn the pump on for a min or so and make sure water is coming out your line into the resivoir. then reconnect and should be good.

Running the pump dry for long enough will most certainly burn it out.....the mistking pump can "run for hours even dry" but if one runs it for hours dry for a month straight....

Tap water can clog the nozzles, resulting in failed drip from them. As his post was vague, I was just trying to cover any reason why it might not "mist"

I would try disconnecting the tube that goes from the pump to the first nozzle, at the nozzle. Then point it into your bucket and power the pump on by plugging it into the wall directly. If you have no flow after running it for about a minute or two the pump is dead. If you get some water, but not a steady stream, it's dead. Also be sure that while it is plugged in you feel the pump vibrating. If you feel no vibrating the power supply might have died, or the pump is dead or a connection failed.

Sorry, I was away from my laptop for the weekend. OKAY! lol so I just tried plugging it in directly, bypassing the timer and it turned on. I have it set on auto and have tried resetting all of the times for it to go off and it still doesn't do anything. I am using tap water but I use Reptisafe in it. Is that okay to use for the pump? or do I have to use a lot of bottled water?.....cause that is a lot of bottled water haha. Since the pump is fine, it has to be the timer... any suggestion for the timer? I am not very technologically savvy so if someone has an idea, please make sure it is in technologically illiterate language :D thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Sorry, I was away from my laptop for the weekend. OKAY! lol so I just tried plugging it in directly, bypassing the timer and it turned on. I have it set on auto and have tried resetting all of the times for it to go off and it still doesn't do anything. I am using tap water but I use Reptisafe in it. Is that okay to use for the pump? or do I have to use a lot of bottled water?.....cause that is a lot of bottled water haha. Since the pump is fine, it has to be the timer... any suggestion for the timer? I am not very technologically savvy so if someone has an idea, please make sure it is in technologically illiterate language :D thanks everyone for the suggestions!

I have used reptisafe water in mine for months.
Do a master reset on the timer maybe? Ive never had this issue.

how would one go about doing that? I held the reset button for 30 seconds but thats about all I knew how to reset it

You have to make sure its set for all days of the week. A starting time and ending time. Then you have to Push clock when you're done setting the times to take you back to normal mode.

Also needs to be on auto. You have to make sure that each misting session has an on time and off time . you can run thru settings and double check and to make sure that all days are lit up for every session click clock to put you at current time then switch to on auto.

Last edited:
I made sure I did that. Its on auto for the entire week and I have on and off times set throughout the day. I'm stumped

I never reset the timer before but I just looked at it now though and seen the button, did you notice any difference when pressing in that little reset button did it actually do anything to reset? I still think your missing something minor. This happens a lot thats why I guessed your timer in the 1st place. So your not alone. Little patience hopefully get it working soon.

Can you actually Hit on and it Run it manually through timer try that right now. see if it even works .

I didn't notice any differences when I reset it. It went blank and it came back on so I reprogrammed it then. I tried pushing the button to on and it didn't turn on

Well thats odd seems to not be getting powered through timer at all then? Send marty a PM or an email to mistking he's a member on here and owns mist king. Im not familiar with faulty timers if he's had any in the past but somethings not right with the timer that's for sure. Wether were missing something or its faulty I don't know.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/members/marty/

I'll have to do that. It worked for a solid month then just cut out. Maybe a fuse was cut out or something?

Back
Top Bottom