Monsoon rs 400 without cutting screen

Wyattherp

I'm getting a new mister and would rather not cut my screen. Any suggestion ? Any feedback on monsoon rs 400?

I'm getting a new mister and would rather not cut my screen. Any suggestion ? Any feedback on monsoon rs 400?
I dont really know any other way.. I have a waterfall in my cage, and i just cut a hole in the bottom of my screen and stuffed it up with moss. Not even noticable now, but im guessing with the monsoon the hole needs to be in the top? Unfortunantely i dont know any other way.

Actually, i have an interisting idea... Do you have an old reptile lamp fixture? Maybe pull the white part out of it, put the hose in that and silicone it in place? Hot glue probably works too. Or use a milk carton, cut the top off, flip it over, cut a hole in the bottom the size of the hose, and put the hose through.

My nozzles are above the screen and that works fine so you can either do the lamp fixture or take something like a tupperwear container and drill a hole in it and put the nozzle in.

Any problems with pooling? I had that problem with my dripper until I took the hose off and raised it.

My nozzles are above the screen and that works fine so you can either do the lamp fixture or take something like a tupperwear container and drill a hole in it and put the nozzle in.
Yea, tupperware containers would probably work great.

Any problems with pooling? I had that problem with my dripper until I took the hose off and raised it.
Just make sure there are no loops or anything, and the hose is tight. My hoses usually only pool if my hose goes down, then back up.

The Monsoon was a waste of my money. I had two and both died in under a year despite doing nothing outside what the manufacturer described to do. Since then I've bought two mist king pumps for two different sets of habitats. No issues after years going by.

I've had a monsoon for close to 2 yrs with no issues. But I only bought caught amazon had a killer sale on it. Already planning on a mistking in the future just the customisable aspect of it is a huge benefit in my opinion.

Monsoons last pretty long, i had one for 3 years, until i dropped it... Distilled water is the trick.

It's a better product, everyond would probably agree. But one factor might be you have decent tap water. Mine is very hard, mineral deposits are a everlasting issues here for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom