Monsoon Solo Mister

mikenjes

Hi everyone,
This is my first post here though I've been reading everything I can for about a week now. We are in the process getting the kinks out of our Panther Cham set up. I was misting and only getting to 47% humidity at the highest during the day. Interestingly, overnight humidity would go up to 63% when I was doing nothing- perhaps due to the temp drop with the lights off? I also have tried a drip system fashioned from a container dripping- great for drinking but didn't adjust the humidity in any way that it really counted. Anyway, I am now looking into the Exo Terra Monsoon Solo Mister in hopes that more repetitive mistings will help jump that humidity up to where it needs to be. Does anyone have experience with this system? It seems such a significant price difference from the majority of the mister's out there that it gives me pause. I did a search on the name of the mister on the forums but didn't see it referenced, which gives me an additional hesitation. Does anyone have any thoughts on this system, positive or negative? Thanks.

There will be a ton of references to Monsoon systems out there on the forums. There are a lot of good ones, but they will usually be followed by bad from the same person due to timer failure. (Myself included) They do not have as fine a mist as some of the better units, and have a small reservoir. I personally switched to a Mistking after a few months of using a Monsoon (that I returned a couple times due to timer failure and a flooded enclosure) and have had no issues. The mist is a fine spray and will allow water droplets to collect on leaves better. This allows for more drinking opportunities, and hydration is one of the biggest challenges we keepers have to deal with when caring for chameleons. It is able to run dry if you accidentally do not fill the reservoir, and multiple enclosures can run off one pump.

Thats currently what I use to mist both my Vieled and Jackson Chams. I have four nozzles hooked up 2 in each cage and it sprays them fine. There are a few things ive had to do in order to fit it to my liking. Almost any member on here will tell you to buy Mist King. Is it worth it in the end? Yes easly. But at the time I didnt have alot of cash to play around with so i got the monsoon. Its worked great for me. Things you have to consider. The monsoon is only on a infinite timer system. It doesn't know AM or PM which is a big issue in my opinion, so if you set it to mist for 1 min every 3 hours. Thats including the hours at night when there sleeping. for example..... lets say you start at 9am and its every 3 hours....9am 12pm 3 pm 6 pm 9 pm 12am 3am 6am 9am. The issue....is you dont want it spraying at night while there sleeping. It can cause URI's and interupt there sleeping. However in the wild it will rain when it rains so maybe its slighty babying them but since they are in a controlled environment we try to prevent that. I got an EXCELLENT digital second timer that i can set 8 custom on/off times per a day and it knows all days of the week. So i have the monsoon plugged into that timer and i set the monsoon to always on. that way when the timer goes on it just sprays until the timer goes off. As a fail safe i also set the spray limit to the say time as the timer, that way if the timer fails and just continues to apply power itll still shut off and by the time i get home ill see the issue. The most bad reports of this system is the timer thats uilt into the system failing and it flooding the cage. Since I didnt trust that, thats why I added another timer to it, i didnt want to rely on the built in one.

Link to the timer:
https://www.amazon.com/WenTop-Progr...8&qid=1481816474&sr=8-4&keywords=second+timer

Last edited:
I also was going to buy the monsoon until I read reviews of dumping your whole reservoir into the cage and flooding it, not one review many reviews. So I just payed the extra money for a mistking starter system and it's an amazing misting system no problems what so ever and it will keep your humidity up. It's also the finest mist at 50 microns and you can make your reservoir as big or small as u need plus the pump can hook up to 10 nozzles if you have other cages. My opinion spend the extra money and get a quality product.

I use the monsoon rs400 I have never had any issues with the system only thing is it will only spray for 2mins at the longest using its built-in timer so for this reason I use a second timer

And fyi if I were to buy a new mister system today I would go with climist is the exact same thing as mistking but cheaper ;)

And fyi if I were to buy a new mister system today I would go with climist is the exact same thing as mistking but cheaper ;)
Not to offend you or anything but the climist system is $110 and the mistking is $130 so u literally save $20 bucks and the climist timer looks very cheap. Why not spend an extra $20

I have the Climist and I have no complaints. I have 2 actually. 1 system for the panther and veilds and a second for the mellers. Sometimes you can find them on ebay and I got one on there that was less than 6 months old for $50, including shipping

I'm not hating on the climist, I just think for an extra $20 I'd buy the mistking. If the timer on the climist wasn't a wall plug timer and didn't look so cheap I'd have no problem saving $20 but I like that the mistking timer can be put anywhere you want not just low on the wall or where ever your outlet is. Once again not hating on climist but to me I'd rather have a better looking timer and easy access to that timer. Not to mention mistking sponsors this site as well!

Not to offend you or anything but the climist system is $110 and the mistking is $130 so u literally save $20 bucks and the climist timer looks very cheap. Why not spend an extra $20
I would most likely continue using my timer I have now as it's already set and I'm familiar with it but if you are asking in general (why not spend the extra $20) then I would have to ask who has ever Hurd of extra money lol my point is why spend more than you have to when ppl are satisfied with the cheaper product and if you are like me the timer is out of site so who cares if it looks cheap as long as if works good

I would most likely continue using my timer I have now as it's already set and I'm familiar with it but if you are asking in general (why not spend the extra $20) then I would have to ask who has ever Hurd of extra money lol my point is why spend more than you have to when ppl are satisfied with the cheaper product and if you are like me the timer is out of site so who cares if it looks cheap as long as if works good
Extra money it's $20 lol and my timer is not out of site, as you can manually hit a button on the mistking timer and mist if your humidity is low hence easy access as I said and if u need to change mist settings its at your fingertips not out of site. Like I said I'm not hating I just like quality products not to mention every review and people I've spoke with have mistkings. I'm not saying climist is a bad product at all I don't have one so I can't say anything about it I'm just saying from experience and review mistking is a quality product 100%

Back
Top Bottom