Multiple laying sessions?

DavePope

If a chameleon does there thing, (digs the tunnel and covers it all back over) If they dont finish for some reason will they go back and lay the rest. My girl just did all that and still looks a bit lumpy. She also seems pretty exhausted so i dont know if she would have the strength. Please helppp.

She may not have laid all the eggs and will need a vet visit for a shot to help her lay the rest. Try misting her and feeding her and maybe she did lay them all. My girl looks thin but sometimes still a bit lumpy after egg laying. When you can please post some pictures of her.

go look for the eggs. If she did not lay, it may have only been a test hole and she may start digging again. If she cannot lay, she will need immediate vet care to try to pass the eggs along.

She should have laid them all at once. I can't tell you if they will ever go back and lay more...but its never happened in my 20+ years of experience.

If the hole was filled in and tamped down and there are no eggs in the hole then she is likely eggbound.

If she didn't fill the hole in and laid no eggs, then hopefully she will still lay the eggs.

If there are eggs there its a good idea to know how many she laid....so I always count them. If you feel she has retained some, the vet could check to see and the oxytocin might work to get her to lay them if you act quickly enough.

I havn't looked for them yet but she is ALOT thinner. I think shes done them all as the lumps are going down. I need to take some pics but need to find a camera 1st. Thanks guys x

Back
Top Bottom