My cham died last week looking to get a new one i just dont know what breed

I just wanted to get a male and a female Im not a breeder just wanted 2
Ok well they should not be able to see each other regardless of what gender you get. They will stress each other out if they can see one another. Both of them need a 2x2X4 ft enclosures. Females need this size as well because you have to accommodate a lay bin for her.

Ok well they should not be able to see each other regardless of what gender you get. They will stress each other out if they can see one another. Both of them need a 2x2X4 ft enclosures. Females need this size as well because you have to accommodate a lay bin for her.
Ok I will make sure they can't see each other I already have the things for a lay bin because of my old cham. Both cages are 2x2x4

Well if you decide to breed down the road just make sure they are from different clutches so no interbreeding occurs. That could result in sickly hatchlings.

I have my female panther in my spare bedroom with my female veiled next to her and male veiled across the room…views between all are blocked. My male panthers are across my small, house and in my bedroom. I’ve no idea how she knows, but my female seems to know that there are cute boys of her species in the house. In the three years I’ve had her, she has never been so restless as she’s been the past several months since I got the two boys. I suspect the boys are aware of her too, based on their occasional restlessness.

If we can, can we see the current setup? We can asset what is done right and what is wrong.

I would stick with one Veiled chameleon. It is common accessible animal.

Also do I need a plant light? And when would I use it at night or day Im a little confused
Plant lights are to help the plants in your enclosure grow. They are not necessary but are very useful. You would use the light during the day. Do not have any lights on at night.

The quality and strength of your plant light will depend upon what plants you want. If you are wanting something like hibiscus, that has very high light needs and you’ll want to invest in something like Arcadia Jungle Dawn or Sansi 70w, which is what I use. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TKKG8Q3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 However, after using only Sansi for my plant lights for the past 4+ years, I’m not sure if my expectations of their lifespan is exaggerated or if the lights die too early. I will say though, that after contacting Sansi about my dead lights, they did replace them all for just the cost of shipping.

Back
Top Bottom