My chameleon is blind

Gingero

Neptune the Chameleon
Site Sponsor
Breeding chameleons comes with risks and unfortunately my male chameleon Neptune reputured his eye while trying to mate with Venus. He can no longer see out of that eye. This was a really hard video to film and a tough decision to post about but I wanted to make sure I share my experience and hopefully help educate other chameleon keepers. Watch to see what happened and learn about his recovery.

"chicken or beef"

That's better than my vet

"cherry or bubble gum"

I went with bubble gum, it was pink, the beardy loved it. Vet said they have a natural sweet tooth.

So sorry to hear about Neptune but your one of the best keepers out there. Your video was done great as always.

"chicken or beef"

That's better than my vet

"cherry or bubble gum"

I went with bubble gum, it was pink, the beardy loved it. Vet said they have a natural sweet tooth.
That's so funny! I guess that makes sense if they enjoy eating sweet fruits as treats.

I’m so sorry this happened!! You must have an amazing vet!!
Absolutely fantastic team! My vets are a big reason of living where I do. If I move, it would have to be somewhere with a good exotic vet.

So sorry to hear about Neptune but your one of the best keepers out there. Your video was done great as always.
Thank you so much!
You do a great job! We are all behind you in support ❤️
Thank you 💚

So good of you to share all of what has happened to both chameleons. It’s always helpful to others to have this type of information…even though it’s traumatic to us to have it happen and to post about it.

If Neptune is blind in the eye eventually, it won’t likely impact him as much as we might think. They cope quite well with it in most cases.

Wishing for the best outcome for both chameleons and that you get some fertile eggs at some point!

Sorry to hear, can only imagine how stressful the ordeal was for all three of you. As others have said, thanks for sharing and normalizing this kind of stuff. Accidents, injuries, and illnesses happen to even the most experienced keepers. Speedy recovery to Neptune and Venus.

Back
Top Bottom