My chameleon is small.

xx99TheCreatorxx

My cham is almost 7 months now, i noticed he hasnt grown that much. When I look at other pictures of chameleons at the same age they are huge. He hasn't grown that much and doesnt have alot of color, he has some but not to much. Is he just a late bloomer?

Attachments

• 2012-08-20_14-09-29_947.jpg
    2012-08-20_14-09-29_947.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 253
Do you know his hatch-date for sure? How are you feeding/gutloading/supplementing? When did you buy your UV light? He may just be small for his age, but it's a good idea to make sure you are giving him optimum husbandry just to be sure he will grow to his optimum size.

Do you know his hatch-date for sure? How are you feeding/gutloading/supplementing? When did you buy your UV light? He may just be small for his age, but it's a good idea to make sure you are giving him optimum husbandry just to be sure he will grow to his optimum size.

I dont know for sure his hatch date. I had all the supplies shipped with him. I gutload with Flukers cricket quencher and the high calcium cricket diet.

Those gut loads are not the best and should be substituted for real fruits and veggies. Even a slice of orange will provide water for feeders and be more beneficial to the chameleon than those pre-packaged products. If you are going to lean torward the store bought gut loads, bug burger and cricket crack are good.

That picture doesn't show him very well. and would you be able to post your setup with the "how to ask for help" sticky form in the health forum? There are many factors that could lead to stunted growth besides just genetics

Judging by the 20oz bottle in the background, he seems to be about normal size.

Coloration seems normal too, but its hard to tell, as the pics are a bit "green".

Yep dont gutload with Fluker's or Zoomed I've had bad experience with both. Right now I made a fresh batch of gutload with apples, carrots, sweet potato, and collard greens to feed to my crickets. Looks yummy right? lol

Attachments

• gutload.jpg
    gutload.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 190
There appears to be a wide range of "normal" anyway.J ust like people, there are differences in overall adult size.

Some have reported their chameleons appearing to be absolute runts (I think there's a club!) but then having a somewhat late growth spurt.

There appears to be a wide range of "normal" anyway.J ust like people, there are differences in overall adult size.

Some have reported their chameleons appearing to be absolute runts (I think there's a club!) but then having a somewhat late growth spurt.

First rule of Runt club... :D

Anyway Yeah and not to mention Panthers grow at a slower rate than a Veiled would and from what I have seen through research won't even reach there full potential as far as coloring until like 14-16 months I think. He looks normal to me though :)

Back
Top Bottom