My chameleon wall

Ekproject

Well its still in progress but what i have done so far with my chameleon wall.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307831315.654844.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307831315.654844.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 297
I really like your wall, just sitting here in my house trying to figure out how to rearrange things and your post pops up!
Like the shelf idea for smaller cages
Where did you find those tables for the 2x2x4's?

I just make them. Took like 15 min. I just kinda improvised. If you can see the one on the right side has a tote underneith it like that slides underneith a bed. And the floor of the cages are the grate cover for a fluorescent light. So all the water and poop just fall through. The reason the other two arent like that is because one is too small and im concerned she could get through the bottom and the other one is having issues cup feeding so crickets get out. Lol. And the small cage on the shelf works perfectly. Im currently making a stand for that cage to sit on so there is a water catch underneith then i will put doors on them all to hide the buckets. Cheap an easy.

I am pretty impress with your imagination. It is looking good and it functions well, what more can you ask???

I am pretty impress with your imagination. It is looking good and it functions well, what more can you ask???

Thank you. The looking good is all my fiance. I cant do anything unless it "looks good" haha. Once im finished the top of all cages will be at the exact same height. I think it will look better that way. Then im going to paint the wood probably black or do a very dark stain. Only because it would match the rest of the room.

Now if I could convince your fiance the two of you need a "vacation" in Santa Barbara, I would hire you to build them cause I don't have the ability to even draw a straight line!!

Now if I could convince your fiance the two of you need a "vacation" in Santa Barbara, I would hire you to build them cause I don't have the ability to even draw a straight line!!

Oh common. Seriously its alot easier than you think. I didnt do any fancy joints like mitre joints or biscuit joints. I just but one end to the other. Drilled a pilot hole and screwed a wood screw into it. You will never be able to with that atttude. You would be amazed what your capable of if you have some cobfidence :p

Very nice! I am going to Lowes in the next few days, where they have some table saws on sale. My crusty one is due to be replaced. Gonna build some stands, drainage system, and couple other projects.
Thanks for sharing! I have been enjoying going through the forums, getting inspiration, and planning my Cham room!

What do you do about hydration / spraying? What keeps the walls and floors from being soaked? Also, what kind of Chameleons are you keeping in there?

Well i currently have drippers and hand spray all throughout the day. Will be getting a mistking at the next show. I have shower curtain around three of the sides preventing it from going on the walls. But only attached at the top so it still provides air flow. As for the floors. On my two cages on the right i have a tote underneith as stated earlier with a grate flooring so all the water just goes into that. In the other three i have small tupperware containers in the cage itself. The water drips off the plants and the tupperware catches it and i dump it out and clean it every day. I know still water is bad for bacteria but its only temporary as i will eventually have them all set up like the two on the right. As for the types. Going from left to right i have a carpet cham. Then i have a baby nosy be female and an adult female nosy be. Then i have a female ambilobe and a male nosy be. Sorry for the long post.

thanks. I have been keeping snakes for 30 years, but just got interested in Chameleons in the past year. I want to move my Panthers out of the snake room in the basement to the top floor of the house, but don't want to ruin the room with water. My deremensis seem to like the unfinished part of the basement, and I can spray all I want there, as well as they can go outside on days like today. The Panthers, I think, need more airflow than I can give them in the snake room.
I am looking into a mist system also. I think I am going with Pro from New York. I guess I'll buy direct, it seems that you can only get Mist King at Grant's shows.

For my baby little girl I mist 4 times a day with room temperature mist until it is SOPPING wet in the enclosure... It does cause water to sit at the bottom and leak a bit but hey... Your recreating a jungle in there:p For my big guy I use a multi head dripper I made that runs 12 hours a day and I mist him 3 times a day cuz he LOVES the shower lol and I have a drainage table I built allowing for the daily two gallons to pour into haha

Back
Top Bottom