My Enclosure

ArsenalJack

Hi this is my new Panther Chameleon enclosure, its not finished yet as i am still to get a Devil's Ivy plant.
If anyone has got any tips they could give me or if you think there is anything i could add i would be greatful,
Thanks!:)

Attachments

• IMG_0701.jpg
    IMG_0701.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 248
well im sure you know you need more foliage in there to make him feel safe.
I would raise the basking light up off the cage top though.
it can and will heat up the mesh which will cause a burn.

Umbrella plants are really good for the babies as well, they seem to have a sturdier plant base and my little ones love em'....

umbrella plants, aka scheffelara can be small or big..
i have a couple that are 1 foot tall, and i have two that are four feet tall.

No, we have some very large ones :) We bought at Walmart and re-potted... so yes, you can buy small, but they grow quite quickly :)

okay but if i was to re-pot, re-soil etc, would i need a certain type of soil if i was going to put some rocks ontop of the soil?

okay but if i was to re-pot, re-soil etc, would i need a certain type of soil if i was going to put some rocks ontop of the soil?

An organic potting soil. And I just put a layer of sand on top of the soil so that crickets don't dig down.

I like real plants better as they help with the humidity. Its not that hard to repot them with organic soil and I put larger river stones on top of the soil. I like the devils ivy and scheffelara plant combination as well. I put the schefferlara in the middle and work the devils ivy around it as it grows. I do have some fake vines... but mostly just in side areas that I don't want the misting water to get through to the outside of the enclosure.

I bet yours will look great when it is all done. Its fun to create enclosures! :)

I like real plants better as they help with the humidity. Its not that hard to repot them with organic soil and I put larger river stones on top of the soil. I like the devils ivy and scheffelara plant combination as well. I put the schefferlara in the middle and work the devils ivy around it as it grows. I do have some fake vines... but mostly just in side areas that I don't want the misting water to get through to the outside of the enclosure.

I bet yours will look great when it is all done. Its fun to create enclosures! :)

Yeah it is great to create them, seeing them coming along is an amazin feeling, but the price of it isnt the best, hope its worth it! Thanks for the information! :)

Yep it can add up. But remember what you put into it.. is what you get out of it. The better the husbandry the better health for the cham :)

You can bake sticks in your oven too if you need to add more sticks for them too :)

Yep it can add up. But remember what you put into it.. is what you get out of it. The better the husbandry the better health for the cham :)

You can bake sticks in your oven too if you need to add more sticks for them too :)

Yeah i heard that but if i wanted to do a bigger sized branch how would i do it? Is there any other way

zoo med repti breeze 4 my yemen

thought ide add a few pics of my new yemen set up,what do you guys think
of it ...
DSC03287.jpg

DSC03290.jpg

DSC03289.jpg

DSC03293.jpg

DSC03288.jpg

Back
Top Bottom