My ''Free Range?'' cage

I am pretty much a noob too. Thanks for your compliments? I feel much better about my design now that I have had so many positive remarks. If anyone sees any flaw, please let me hear your opinion.

I am pretty much a noob too. Thanks for your compliments? I feel much better about my design now that I have had so many positive remarks. If anyone sees any flaw, please let me hear your opinion.

Sorry to tell you mate,but you've built it in teh wrong house, you were suppose to come over to the uk and build it for me :(

:D:D

The free range looks cool & if you keep things pruned back the little guy should stay still. I think the plexy should keep the crix inside; I havnt had any problems as far as reflections but have only had panthers & jacksons.
All the stair cases in the N.E. that look like your pix are on splits & go right 2 the outdoors. This time of year would be tough to keep warm enough & alittle drafty when thats the main entrance.

how do you feed from freerage? I would have crix all over my house, and there's all sorts of chemicals and stuff the crix could get into I'd worry about my cham eating them I think.

how do you feed from freerage? I would have crix all over my house, and there's all sorts of chemicals and stuff the crix could get into I'd worry about my cham eating them I think.
He previously stated that he will be cup feeding, namely if you put the crix in a reasonably deep plastic cup, they are unable to climb out and jumping out is rather difficult due to how they jump, forward as opposed to up

I just got my cham. today! unfortunately he is to small to live in this cage for a couple of months. I am just excited that my panther has finally arrived!

I keep coming back and looking at your set up. I really do love it. I have been talking to my husband about possibly free ranging our cham in our herp room. :) Let's just say I have been inspired by your handy work. :)

Wow that is really cool. I wanted to do similar by placing a ficus in some sort of tub in my room and hang the light/heat bulb form the ceiling. I'm sure the cham wont fall down the stairs. But what about insects. Wont they be hopping form the plants into your house? and what about if it eats a poisonous insect inside your house or a spider?

Wow that is really cool. I wanted to do similar by placing a ficus in some sort of tub in my room and hang the light/heat bulb form the ceiling. I'm sure the cham wont fall down the stairs. But what about insects. Wont they be hopping form the plants into your house? and what about if it eats a poisonous insect inside your house or a spider?
:confused:
I will be cup feeding. I think the spiders etc. is just a chance freeranging takes. There is an incredibly small chance of that happening though.

Awesome Job.......I love enclosures that look like they were meant to be where they are placed at. I would love to end up with a free range setup but I have a pitbull and chihuahua that would just be itchin to "play" with the cham so I dont think it would work.

Back
Top Bottom