My gravid female

Ok, so went sifting threw the soil again, and.............found an EGG!!!!
OMG! didnt know they were THAT small.....and all covered in soil, u wouldnt know they were eggs......so, off to search for more....:D

Ok, so went sifting threw the soil again, and.............found an EGG!!!!
OMG! didnt know they were THAT small.....and all covered in soil, u wouldnt know they were eggs......so, off to search for more....:D

They aren't that small! And they do look like eggs-this is sounding strange or maybe you need glasses???? :)

They aren't that small! And they do look like eggs-this is sounding strange or maybe you need glasses???? :)

Compared to my monitor eggs, these are tiny!! About 1/4 of the size of Ackie eggs.......heres a pic

Edited: Ok, found a total of 24 eggs!! So relieved!
Thanks to every1 for there advice......

I read this before you edited it, so I was sitting here wondering what was taking you so long to go find the rest! (3 hours later hahaha) congrats! I was a bit taken back the first time I had panther eggs as well by how small they were compared to veiled eggs. Good thing I have good friends from the forum to pre warn me or I would have really thought something was wrong with them.

how did you managed not to see 24 eggs after hrs and hrs of searching?? You do need some glasses... Also you said you use the sand shifter as well??

I thought that you were suppose to find the eggs and remove them carefully without turning them.. So does this mean the eggs are no longer good for incubation???

Possibly but not nesssarily, the 'window of opportunity' for want of better description, varies some with species. No idea about chameleon eggs of any type though.
How long since they were laid till you finally found them?
Good luck Brye, I hope they all hatch! :)

It was only a day since they were laid...and Chad said that they should be ok, so I'm very hopeful.......

As far as the sifting, the soil I have has like these white casings in it, and I was mistaking the eggs, which were fully covered with soil, to be the casings also......it wasnt until one of them got separated and I went to pick it up to put back that I noticed that it was different from the casings.......like I said these r tiny compared to other eggs I've dealt with, so was expecting bigger eggs....and the soil doesnt stick to my monitor eggs, so when I go diggin for them....its obvious when I find them....

:confused:I don't know much about veields but i heard they will taste anything they can bite. maybe she ate them, just a thought

Mystery solved. What a relief. I remember the very first time one of my girls laid eggs I had no idea what size egg I should be looking for and examined every speck in the soil. It took FOREVER. And then I found the eggs in the bottom corner and laughed at myself.

Last edited:
How hard can it be so find a cluster of 24 eggs in black dirt ?

It depends on what your brain thinks it is looking for. If it is picturing one thing, it may be too focused to discover something else.

Here's another thought- Have any of you ever noticed that your husband or boyfriend can be looking for something in a drawer or a cabinet and it will be sitting right in front of his face and he not see it? And he'll be calling out to you- "where's the such-and-such!" All impatient. You walk over, look in the cabinet, and there it is, right up front. I think it's a male thing. :D:D:D

It depends on what your brain thinks it is looking for. If it is picturing one thing, it may be too focused to discover something else.

Here's another thought- Have any of you ever noticed that your husband or boyfriend can be looking for something in a drawer or a cabinet and it will be sitting right in front of his face and he not see it? And he'll be calling out to you- "where's the such-and-such!" All impatient. You walk over, look in the cabinet, and there it is, right up front. I think it's a male thing. :D:D:D

Happens in my house all the time, lol! Kids and husbands look but don't see!:D

Back
Top Bottom