My guy sure has been acting weird lately.

So, did the behavior start when you moved him?

Try dripping water directly onto his nose. Use a rubber or plastic water dropper, not a glass one (they sometimes bite the dropper). That might stimulate him to drink. It doesn't look like you have drainage established so probably can't really soak the cage which is unfortunate. Maybe you should look into setting up a drainage system.

You might also look into getting some wetter feeders like silkworms or hornworms. He might find them intriguing and they'll help with the hydration issue.

Not that I think it's causing the problem, but I'll mention that this board recommends no substrate whatsoever.

He hasn't been responding to the water on his nose, but he is shedding again. I'm sitting here waiting for a part store to open so I can go get those different feeders. On the drainage system, how do you have yours setup. I've been racking my brain on how to make one, bit have turned up nothing. I might be able to buy a little table and put a hole in items have a giant tunnel underneath to catch and deposit the water. What do you think? :)

I have my cages on wire bakers racks with holes drilled in the bottom only along one side tho, and the opposite end raised about a half inch higher so it all runs to the drain holes with a Rubbermaid tote underneath to catch the runoff.

What kind of plant is that? I'm looking for a nice big one that's branches are actually strong enough to support a chameleon unlike the one i have now

I have my cages on wire bakers racks with holes drilled in the bottom only along one side tho, and the opposite end raised about a half inch higher so it all runs to the drain holes with a Rubbermaid tote underneath to catch the runoff.

That sounds pretty simple to make. How much did it all cost?

Back
Top Bottom