My Living room setups -arcadia and jungle dawn lighting-

Hoj

Friendly Grasshopper
So Im not sure I have posted any pics lately of my veileds and panthers setups in the living room.
So I had to take some shot today for another reason and thought I would share.
I had to try and make them look nice to keep the GF happy. :)

564074_4206991325434_1936786448_n.jpg

539280_4206990685418_1853068093_n.jpg

393695_4206990125404_768400854_n.jpg

255513_4206990925424_744749339_n.jpg

2892_4206991645442_1839150968_n.jpg

I sure do love the lighting the Jungle Dawn L.E.D's make a huge difference for my plants and I can realax knowing my chams are getting quailty UVB from the Arcadia's, The chams love it too. :D
The lighting is on staggared timers and all cages are also set up with dual mistking nozzles with resivoir, pumps timers and drainage system hidden below.

As always I love to hear your thoughts and or questions.

Hoj

Basking lights are zoomed domes with either zoomed zilla or reg incondecent bulbs of varing wattage, depending on the cham.
Most are using the zilla daylight spot lamps right now 75-100w

and yes the GF is happy....well with the cages anyway ;)

Is there any benefit for the cham from using LED's or is it mainly the plants and you who benefit?

They are in a beificial UVA spectrum, They should help the chams stay active and promote nautral behavouirs and well as look good ;)
The biggest difference I have seen is in the plants and overall apperance of the cage.

Did you have plant lights before the led?

No. I just had the typical UVB and basking bulb setup. And I went through alot of plants :eek:

Outstanding job!!

A few questions.

1. It looks like you stained the wood. if so, how did you seal it and with what?

2. Between the cages is that a solid piece of wood?

3. Aside from aesthetics, how did the cost of building those compare to a comparable sized screen cage?

4. Finally care to elaborate on the draining system?

Thanks for the help.

Boby

Bravo

Hoj it looks great. I am slightly jealous of the setup. I want the LED lights for my setup now.

Outstanding job!!

A few questions.

1. It looks like you stained the wood. if so, how did you seal it and with what?
I sealed it with a water based verathyne

2. Between the cages is that a solid piece of wood?
The cages have open sides and between them for a visual barrrier is a pc of coroplast plastic

3. Aside from aesthetics, how did the cost of building those compare to a comparable sized screen cage?
If I were to not worry about the look so much I could build them for the same price as a screen cage, but then there is my time :rolleyes:

4. Finally care to elaborate on the draining system?
The drainage system is best shown by looking at my old build thread. Ill attach

https://www.chameleonforums.com/enclosure-how-pics-pt1-55241/

Thanks for the help.

Boby

What site can I get those LED lights like that from? I need something to prolong the life of my plants. Setup looks amazing too btw. I want to build something like that eventually.

Very nice Hoj! I love the wood cages man, i would definitely attempt to build some if i had some more time on hand...

Have the readings on your arcadia dropped at all since you have had them?

That does it! i am ordering the led's. You know all my cage & non cage setups. PM me how many lights, how to place them, etc. Lenny will not go to his old uvb, I leave it in just to help light the room. Lenny loves his arcadia light. I have finally convinced him he can't climb the cord and visit it. The difference in the uvb light and ambient room light with the Arcadia is amazing.

Reactions: Hoj
What site can I get those LED lights like that from? I need something to prolong the life of my plants. Setup looks amazing too btw. I want to build something like that eventually.

The LED's are from Todd at Light your reptiles, he is a site sponsor, and thank you

Very nice Hoj! I love the wood cages man, i would definitely attempt to build some if i had some more time on hand...

Have the readings on your arcadia dropped at all since you have had them?

Thx Al, They have not dropped as of yet, I have the 12% so they are dumded down with 3 layers of screen. As they wear out I will be revoving the screen layers to increase the uvb and see just how long I can strech these things.

They all look very nice!
How do you fully clean that many cages and how often??

Thank you. I pick up poop, dead crickets and plant debris every other day and once a week really well. Every month or 2 I remove the bottom panels and give it a good whipe out.

That does it! i am ordering the led's. You know all my cage & non cage setups. PM me how many lights, how to place them, etc. Lenny will not go to his old uvb, I leave it in just to help light the room. Lenny loves his arcadia light. I have finally convinced him he can't climb the cord and visit it. The difference in the uvb light and ambient room light with the Arcadia is amazing.

They will be yours!!;) We will talk. Gald Lenny is likeing the arcadia, I knew he would.

Back
Top Bottom