My male chamelon lying on the ground :/

Thanks, I like your bluntness lol. So If I have a bottle thats is written ''calcium + D3 supplement'' I should also give him plain calcium, along with multi vitamins?
yes get some that is without D3 and a multi vitamin. And i am blunt but i want the best for every chameleon and making sure a chameleon owner doesnt get false information is part of that.

Thanks, I like your bluntness lol. So If I have a bottle thats is written ''calcium + D3 supplement'' I should also give him plain calcium, along with multi vitamins?
yes get some that is without D3 and a multi vitamin. And i am blunt but i want the best for every chameleon and making sure a chameleon owner doesnt get false information is part of that.

On his side is not a good sign IMHO.
I'd get him To a vet ASAP.

What happens when you put him back on a branch?
Please post some photos of him from today.

What does it mean if he was on the side? :/
I actually did not took pictures because I was kinda freaking out (and trying not to show it because my daughter was too)..

When I took him off and put it on a branch, he immidiately went and hid himself in a ''tight spot'' behind leaves.. He was reaaaly dark.. I tried to hand feed him, didn work, i left some near him, did not work either. So i jumped on here and try to read as much as i can on it..but everything I read is bad.. So, about 20 min ago, i went and grabbed him from his ''hidding place'' I put hin on his basking branche and he stayed there a bit. Then after a while I oppened the door and he came to me right away.. and climbed on me like he usually does.. and now he's looking ok? ouff..im so confused :/
And now, he's just chilling on his basking spot..
So what happened? and why was he ''digging'' yesterday?

Usually they only lay on their side when they are seriously sick. If yours is now acting normal that can't be the case. Now I'm wondering if he fell or something scared him badly.

Can you take a couple of photos now and post them. I just want to see what he looks like now.

Usually they only lay on their side when they are seriously sick. If yours is now acting normal that can't be the case. Now I'm wondering if he fell or something scared him badly.

Can you take a couple of photos now and post them. I just want to see what he looks like now.

2.jpg
3.jpg

He's a handsome little guy. I hope he will be ok. Most here on the forums that keep their veileds inside use calcium without d3 just about everyday, calcium with d3 twice a month and multi vitimans twice a month. Here's my blog for how I recommend keeping young veileds. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-with-young-veiled-or-panther-chameleons.325/

Here's the forums caresheet for veileds. https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/

Thank you:) I will read it(y):)

Back
Top Bottom