My new cage

H

hart8000

I am putting 3 chams in this cage, seperated of course. Check it out. The lighting is not set up yet and neither is the heating. My misting contraption works great though, soon it will be on a timer so I don't even need to be here.

Attachments

• b guy.jpg
    b guy.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_4825 (1024 x 768).jpg
    IMG_4825 (1024 x 768).jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 253
the entire thing is 5' wide, 6' tall, and 30" deep. The cage part is only 58" tall. It ain't pretty, but its functional.

I am putting 3 chams in this cage, seperated of course. Check it out. The lighting is not set up yet and neither is the heating. My misting contraption works great though, soon it will be on a timer so I don't even need to be here.

Pretty sick cage build. I am impressed. The cage might need some more plants in it. You can probably fit a couple ficus in there to fill it in. However, everyone's chams are different and I knew some that hate going into the foliage.

Pretty sick cage build. I am impressed. The cage might need some more plants in it. You can probably fit a couple ficus in there to fill it in. However, everyone's chams are different and I knew some that hate going into the foliage.

I only have 1 cham in it now, I am waiting for another member to be sending me 2. But he won't answer my calls, said he shipped them, I still don't have them. I hope he didn't screw me, it was a member of this site.

I only have 1 cham in it now, I am waiting for another member to be sending me 2. But he won't answer my calls, said he shipped them, I still don't have them. I hope he didn't screw me, it was a member of this site.

Not talking about the empty ones... I mean the section with the veiled in it.

My chams showed up alive and well. Pretty stressed out though. Got water on them and feeders in there.

I love building BIG cages. I built one about this size for a pair of deremensis. Later, a male deremensis and a male fischeri shared it. You will be able to put in some nice sized Ficus alli and Schefflera. They give you so many more options and the chams seem to revel in the space.

I love building BIG cages. I built one about this size for a pair of deremensis. Later, a male deremensis and a male fischeri shared it. You will be able to put in some nice sized Ficus alli and Schefflera. They give you so many more options and the chams seem to revel in the space.

I am having the hardest time finding plants, Is there a place to order some online? All of the green houses here in my town have stopped selling plants for the season.

Where are you? Larger Ficus won't be easily shippable, but I would ask the houseplant vendors or greenhouses if they would order one for you. Consider using fake Ficus trees temporarily just to provide cover and leaf surfaces to drink from. Check for fakes at big box stores like Kmart or a big craft supply. You have a misting system so you could adjust that to raise humidity. The silk leaved fakes can handle getting wet...you might have to wrap the basket or whatever they are mounted in in plastic so they don't rot.

Go to Lowes or HomeDepot they sell plants that are ok for chams all year long. You may have to get a few smalls but I would add more plants. There is a member on here that sells really awesome plant stands I will search and give you the link.

awsome setup!!! how long did it take you to build it? yeah try and use some hibiscus too...my cham LOVES eating the flowers XD. let me know when you get pics of your watering system. i could use some tips on keeping in humidity

awsome setup!!! how long did it take you to build it? yeah try and use some hibiscus too...my cham LOVES eating the flowers XD. let me know when you get pics of your watering system. i could use some tips on keeping in humidity

I put this cage together in less than 3 days, mostly shop supplies.

Go to Lowes or HomeDepot they sell plants that are ok for chams all year long. You may have to get a few smalls but I would add more plants. There is a member on here that sells really awesome plant stands I will search and give you the link.

My local lowes or home depot are exausted. they hate me there. I just got some palm plants to get me through the dry season.

I just bought really big, bushey umbrella plants at home depot on sale for 12 bucks. They also had 10 footers for 50 bucks!

It is fairly normal for the cham to stay stay kinda dark for the first couple of days they are in the new homes right? I am quessing that they got pretty stressed out shipping. My female is eating but I haven't seen the male eating.

Back
Top Bottom