My New Flap Necked Cham~ (updated on 25th June)

Mainevent

Refer to my first post:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/my-new-flap-necked-cham-61272/

so my flap necked cham's been arrived my apartment about a month already. After Citizen Snips and all the fellows' advises, I replaced the substrate to the carpet, and I decided to empty to water bowl everyday.

He finally looks better after the shed and his white bumps also no longer on his skin.

He eats about 3 full sizes crickets or 2 grasshoppers a day in average.
I have 2 types of grasshopper, below is the brown one.
IMG_6183640x480.jpg

IMG_6182640x480.jpg

after shed~
IMG_6211640x480.jpg

IMG_6206640x480.jpg

IMG_6203640x480.jpg

That's why the chinese name is "spotted" Chameleon...
IMG_6237640x4802.jpg

IMG_6226640x480.jpg

IMG_6248640x480.jpg

IMG_6251640x480.jpg

IMG_6252640x480.jpg

Last edited:
What are the demensions of your cage? It looks very short. Also, why do you have a water bowl in there at all? How far down is your basking branch from your light?

What are the demensions of your cage? It looks very short. Also, why do you have a water bowl in there at all? How far down is your basking branch from your light?

Hi Carol,
The enclosure size is 43cmx33cmx28cm (17"x13"x11")
understand the enclosure is not tall enough for him, I will get it taller one for him maybe next weekend~:)

that's a 5.0 UVB 26W light, there is only 3 inches between the top branch and the light tube. I thought it doesn't matter since it is not a basking light, should I make the light higher?

about the water bowl, is it ok cos I clean and empty the water bowl everyday...

Does he ever poop in the bowl? you would not want him to drink out of the bowl with poop in it, he could get sick. Do you have a basking light in there for him? The UVB really does not give off heat, so he cannot get burned that way. I am not sure if being too close to the UVB could cause any problems. Also, the overall enclosure is small, not just the heighth. BTW, beautiful chameleon!

Does he ever poop in the bowl? you would not want him to drink out of the bowl with poop in it, he could get sick. Do you have a basking light in there for him? The UVB really does not give off heat, so he cannot get burned that way. I am not sure if being too close to the UVB could cause any problems. Also, the overall enclosure is small, not just the heighth. BTW, beautiful chameleon!

the temperature in Hong Kong summer time is high enough for him, so I will get a basking light several months later..
oh, I didn't think of that..luckily, he didn't pool in the water bowl yet till now..
I won't put it under the branch!

Thanks again, Carol~!

Looks like you got rid of the white spots...did they fall off with the shed?
Its a good looking little chameleon!

Do you dust the insects with supplements? Gutload them? Or are they WC insects?

Looks like you got rid of the white spots...did they fall off with the shed?
Its a good looking little chameleon!

Do you dust the insects with supplements? Gutload them? Or are they WC insects?

yep, those white spots fell off with the shed~
I dust the crickets with BAC and calcium with d3 once a week...do I also need to dust the vitamin?

Back
Top Bottom