My new set up and a couple o questions

flashjord101

For My Ambilobe PC:

I finally upgraded to a DYI cages 24x24x48. The light fixture I bought from them holds 2 fluorescent tubes. I put 2 25 inch long zilla Tropical series T8 fluorescent bulbs 17 watt. Does anyone see an issue with this? In my much smaller set up I used 1 zoo med 5.0 UVB.

Also I simply used the 75 W zoo med basking lamp from my smaller set up. I should be able to get it to 85 degrees 6-8 inches or so from the bulb but should I consider a larger basking lamp for this much larger set up?

thanks for the help!

J

Attachments

• newcage.JPG
    newcage.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 94
most of us just us one 5.0 in that size cage. Some people use a 10.0 so if you have two 5.0's then it should be ok i guess. Just saying that the other one is not really necessary. Also the one basking light is all you need too.! I am not sure about using the Zilla brand lights, especially if you are using two of them on top of it. The recomended bulbs on the forum here are the Reptisun or Reptiglo. Why did you change brands??? Keep an eye on your chameleons eyes and make sure you do not see squinting, closing, rubbing of the eyes etc If so, I would change them out. Maybe someone can give you some approval on the Zilla lights. Like I said the majority of us use the other two brands I mentioned. Me personally, I would not recommend the Zilla.

thank you. I had my girlfriend pick up the lights and she mistook them for zilla. Hopefully someone can approve them or I'll change them out.

Back
Top Bottom