My new Veiled

popwell89

I purchased a new veiled this past friday October 14th 2011. I have him in a custom cage which is kind of big but he stays on one side so its working out great. Eating drinking and pooping like a champ. Ate a tiny meal worm from my hand last night :). Took him outside for the first time today and seemed to enjoy it. His colors stay good and doesnt mind me messing around inside his cage. Some people just wanted to see him so here are some pictures.

DSC00736.JPG

DSC00716.JPG

DSC00739.JPG

DSC00719.JPG

DSC00741.JPG

Enjoy your little buddy. Your enclosure looks well built. The backside faux rock wall appears to be rather large, how did you come by it and what is it's composition?

I actually made the background in the cage. it is about 58'' long and 42'' tall. I have all the details in a post on here under enclosures i think towards the top of page 2

looks really good. your cham is really cute! do you know the sex? if you take a pic of the "heel" than i can sex him/her for you really quickly.

nvm. you said him. haha :p

from what i can tell he has a little bump of a spur on the back of his feet. I have no idea how old he is since i got him from a pet store. Can you tell me how much he should be eating a day cricket wise? i changed out the basking bulbs with 40 watt house bulbs bc he was acting like it was too warm so instead of basking light being 95 not its 85

from what i can tell he has a little bump of a spur on the back of his feet. I have no idea how old he is since i got him from a pet store. Can you tell me how much he should be eating a day cricket wise? i changed out the basking bulbs with 40 watt house bulbs bc he was acting like it was too warm so instead of basking light being 95 not its 85

as much as he wants to eat when he's little. hes gatta grow up!

ive just heard if they eat too much too fast they will grow to fast and not grow up healthy

i've heard that two. but i never had that problem :/. a cham shouldnt really overeat. i used to give about 15-20 some days 10. depends on sixe of the insect your feeding off. clair is a female and came to me starving with an RI and never over fed; however, now that shes older shes become a heffer and i've cut back her feeding. slowly so she doesnt get evil

Watching your build

Hey Popwell Looks great. I watched your video, great Idea for a build. My daughters and I are going to get an Iguana for one and a Panther Chameleon for the other (2 separate enclosures of course).
I have a finished basement and that is where I am thinking on putting them. I have very limited sun light and did not see your enclosure near a window, is that the case & how is that working?

Back
Top Bottom