My Sweet Sweet Delilah

ChameleonRave

Avid Member
So, as many of you know..., Delilah had surgery today. Everything went very well, and she is just stealing my heart even more.

She is on pain medication for the next two days and I have Vetericyn Wound Care Spray that I will be using to flush out the wound.

She is quite possible one of my favorites. Females seem to be SO sweet.. well to me, but not my camera. I got a cruddy picture of her, but she's still cute in my book. I'm nervous to actually clean out the wound and give her the pain meds.

EDIT: Also, with her growth that spread over to the eye, which caused it to become wrinkled, etc. But it was all connected.

Attachments

• 102_0659.jpg
    102_0659.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 168
Hope she recovers well. Don't be surprised if the eye turret swells quite a bit in the next couple of days.

Did the vet say what the growth was?

Fingers crossed for her.

They sent them to SDSU about 45 miles away to get them cultured. She thought that is was a type of virus if I recall correctly.

Female Veileds just have something about them! I am glad she cam through surgery. When Tommy had to have meds I got a syringe from the vets and injected his meds into a locust. Much less stressful for the both of us!

She's doing great! A cricket escaped into her cage today, and she was about 6 inches away and got it! She usually gets really close to eat, but she is getting to be her old self! Her "bad" eye seems to be starting a shed right now, but is slightly swollen.

Update

She's doing amazing. Her grip seems to have gotten stronger and is constricting my fingers as I type this. :eek: She is all done with the pain medication.. I also flushed out her wound again and it's healing quickly, so she must be healthy!

I got the vet bill today and only $140 for the surgery and medicines.

I got the vet bill today and only $140 for the surgery and medicines.

and worth every penny to have her healthy again!!!!!!!!! :D

i have a cat with a "special urinary tract" ,,, now eating a perscription diet food and $1,900.00 later,,, he's fine. oh well, it's just money and we love them!!!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom