My veiled chameleon refuses to eat!

bradjyoon

I have everything set up perfectly for my cham's cage and I think he is happy with it because he moves around nice amount of the day and drinks water and he looks healthy and all. However when I try to feed him for some reason it refuses to eat.... I tried putting the food on the plate, holding it in front of him (not right on his face but in distance) letting food just move around the cage. Any of them seems to work What do I do???

I have everything set up perfectly for my cham's cage and I think he is happy with it because he moves around nice amount of the day and drinks water and he looks healthy and all. However when I try to feed him for some reason it refuses to eat.... I tried putting the food on the plate, holding it in front of him (not right on his face but in distance) letting food just move around the cage. Any of them seems to work What do I do???

How long have you had him,

Can you fill out a how to ask for help?

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

Also stop with the Mealworms. If he has eaten with you and had eaten mealworms. There is a good chance he is Impacted that is why you do not feed mealworms.

I've had him for about 5 days and he stopped eating his food since two days ago.

But he ate the first few days?

There is a few reasons chameleons stop eating.

1. Sick,
2. Impacted,
3. Stress,
4. Doesnt like the food/spoiled

There is more but those are most common that I have seen.

Filling out the how to ask for help would help.

Mealworms have a hard exoskeleton and the chameleons can have a hard time digesting them, making it hard for your cham to go to the bathroom.

^ What he said. On top of that Meal worms have low Nutritional value, all they do is give issues without reason. No reason to feed mealies.

Back
Top Bottom