My veiled has bumps on her ribs...

solly

Lately, I've been noticing small bumps on my chams ribs. Any idea as to what this might be? She has been behaving completely normal but is carrying eggs...

Sorry I can't provide pics, my camera went missing.

I think carrying the eggs did it. It may just be the edge of the rib pressing and showing up as a bump.

I had never thought of that, but I doubt it. The bumps are quite close to her spine near her neck. The bumps aren't really towards her stomach area.

the bumps might me the edges of her spine poking out....this would mean bad nutrition and she needs fattening up....if shes caring eggs she needs more calcium.u really needs to post pictures.

It might be columbian bump-iticulosis too! *rolls eyes*

Absolutely no point in anyone speculating, especially if you cant provide images.
If your concerned, see a vet. Sorry.
Good luck with it. :)

I know what your talking about. I have a female veiled too and she has the same bumps on her ribs. They don't bother her either, but I got her from a petsmart that had no idea how to care for or handle chameleons so I figured they were broken ribs that healed weird from grabbing her by her body. Another thought was that they are from having MBD. Like calcium deposits or deformed bones.

Please post pictures of her.

What are you supplementing with and how often with each supplement?
What do you gutload/feed the insects with?

What's the basking temperature? What brand and type (spiral, compact, long linear tube UVB light do you use? Does it pass through glass or plastic?

Back
Top Bottom