My veiled isn't drinking...HELP!!!!

Well that didn't go well. He wouldn't stay on the plant and kept trying to climb up my arm. I end up stop the shower and begin walking out of the bathroom with him on my head when he decides to get off. I tried to catch him but could only slightly slow his fall. Hit right on the bathroom floor! I started freaking out and put him right back in his cage. I hope he's OK...should I take him to the vet? I don't think he broke anything...may have lost a nail. :(:eek:

thats why you should use a plant in a pot that lets him not be near you.

and im sure hes ok. they are built to fall.

what makes you think he lost a nail?

thats why you should use a plant in a pot that lets him not be near you.

and im sure hes ok. they are built to fall.

what makes you think he lost a nail?

Is his crawling towards me because he wants to be with me or is it that they always want to be as high up as possible? I'm sure I'll start to calm down once I become more and more familiar with them, but it'll sure stop your heart went it happens. Upon further inspection of him, he still has all his nails left. Well, except the 2 my roommate made him lose. :(:mad:

One thing you might want to consider as a long term idea (because you will probably always have chameleons now that you've had one) is to have a "shower cage". Maybe a reptarium (those mesh over PVC pipe cages) you can set a plant in, put the chameleon in and zip up. That way he's contained.

One thing you might want to consider as a long term idea (because you will probably always have chameleons now that you've had one) is to have a "shower cage". Maybe a reptarium (those mesh over PVC pipe cages) you can set a plant in, put the chameleon in and zip up. That way he's contained.

Wow' it's such a simple idea...yet so brilliant. Where would I find one?

A little update guys. I'm gonna bite the bullet and just get a complete starter kit since he didn't like my setup. I'm getting it when I get off work and set it up when I get home....make sure everything is cool....and bring him home tomorrow!!! I can't wait....miss him so much. I'll post so pics as I'm going to make sure I'm doing it right. Think you guys could help me with that? It would mean the world to me and Macho. :D

Alright....I'm pretty sure I got everything he needs. I'm trying to find those plants right now here at Walmart. I should be home shortly to set it all up. :)

Well, here we go...he's in (top right) after I had set it up....let me know what you guys think. :)

328ef252-c6ef-a213.jpg

Back
Top Bottom