My zoo

Hi, Ruslan!

I'm wondering whether you ordered the hornworms from a vendor or whether they are wild caught? If they are native to your area, then they probably won't eat tomato plants, as tomatoes aren't native to your region. However, it's possible that as people began growing tomatoes there, the moth (Manduca quinquemaculata or hawk moth) may have moved into the region as well.

At any rate, the hornworms should be happy eating the leaves of any of the following plants: tomato, eggplant, pepper, tobacco, moonflowers and potato.

At some point, they'll need to pupate. The ones you show in your hand already look pretty big, so they may need to pupate fairly soon. I will try to find some more information about husbandry for you if you're interested.

Great to have you here!

Sandy

Hi, Ruslan!

I'm wondering whether you ordered the hornworms from a vendor or whether they are wild caught? If they are native to your area, then they probably won't eat tomato plants, as tomatoes aren't native to your region. However, it's possible that as people began growing tomatoes there, the moth (Manduca quinquemaculata or hawk moth) may have moved into the region as well.

At any rate, the hornworms should be happy eating the leaves of any of the following plants: tomato, eggplant, pepper, tobacco, moonflowers and potato.

At some point, they'll need to pupate. The ones you show in your hand already look pretty big, so they may need to pupate fairly soon. I will try to find some more information about husbandry for you if you're interested.

Great to have you here!

Sandy

Hello,ChuWuti!
Oh, it not my hornworms!
This photo of the person who sells them.
I want to buy and try to breed them.
If you find information, I will be glad!:)

And now I have a new pet - bearded dragon.
Gave in pet-shop with decalcification. But now it can already hunt on insects, climb on brunches and enjoy life.:)

Hey, that's a great collection you have, and it just keeps growing! they all look very well looked after, good work :)

He/she looks more along the lines of a harlequin. Possible flame Harley. I've kept 6 cresties. A super dalmation, tiger dalmation, Halloween harlequin, 2 extreme harlequins, lavender pinstripe.

Back
Top Bottom