My zoo

Hello my friends!
I'm with you again :).
During these months, I had new reptiles-leopars geckos.

Brave male tangerine enigma poss. 66% het.RAPTOR

Small female Sunglow.

Medium female Aptor.

[/quote]

Hi, Ruslan!

I'm wondering whether you ordered the hornworms from a vendor or whether they are wild caught? If they are native to your area, then they probably won't eat tomato plants, as tomatoes aren't native to your region. However, it's possible that as people began growing tomatoes there, the moth (Manduca quinquemaculata or hawk moth) may have moved into the region as well.

At any rate, the hornworms should be happy eating the leaves of any of the following plants: tomato, eggplant, pepper, tobacco, moonflowers and potato.

At some point, they'll need to pupate. The ones you show in your hand already look pretty big, so they may need to pupate fairly soon. I will try to find some more information about husbandry for you if you're interested.

Great to have you here!

Sandy

Hornworms that have eaten tomato leaves/tobacco leaves will be toxic. Only feed insects that have not been exposed to pesticides or harmful material.

Did you purchase your gecko online as a feeder gecko? I noticed his tail is missing. That's really nice if you saved him from being eaten. :D

Great collection!

I currently own a cat, a chameleon, a tarantula, and a betta housed with an algae eater.. I purchased the algae eater thinking he would clean the tank but he makes the tank even dirtier with his pooping! Oh and can't forget all my feeder bugs. I kind of consider my snails pets too. They're so darn cute! Anyways, my boyfriend calls me the zoo keeper. Heh.

Neat lil zoo, I have a pygmy chameleon, a crestie, and two rats. Also, happiness, cresties loose their tails when handled incorrectly or when rough housed by other geckos so the breeder probably housed him wih othe geckos. My question for Ruslan 919 is, is the cresteds adult enclosure on the top of the rack?

Thanks happiness and qdude46!
Yes,he lived on the top of the rack,but now he live in huge terrarium.
My friend gave me him,because her furcifer minor fought gecko and bited his tail.

Some new fotoes of my crested gecko:

Any additional pics of your turtle setup? Judging by that one picture it is no where near what you should have. General rule of thumb for a turtle is 10 gallons of water for every inch of shell. Also for the filter it should be rated for twice the amount of water you have. Last small gravel is probably the worst substrate you could have for a turtle. On redearslider forums there is at least one to two turtles that die a year from ingested gravel impaction.

Back
Top Bottom