Need Advice

321comics

Hey all! Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section:( below I have posted pictures of my Cham setup. I would please like some advice on what I can change, and if the lil guy looks healthy.

Mauricio sheds consistently every month, and is around 3 inches not including tail.

I mist his enclosure around 4-5 times every day, and supply a drip for about 1 hour a day.

For lighting, there is a compact fluorescent (lower wattage) and a 75 watt basking bulb

His ambient temp is 75 degrees and basking is around 85

His humidity drops as low as 35 when I'm not there to mist it during work, but when I'm home it's around 50%

For plants I have a pepperomia, a bromeliad, a scefflera, and some creeping ficus.

I feed him about 7-12 crickets a day (depending on size) and I dust them with a calcium powder each feeding (with d3). I have also been informed to feed without d3, and am working on getting that.

He tolerates handling pretty well, but only when it's one or two people around.

Thanks for any advice offered!

Attachments

• IMG_1869.JPG
    IMG_1869.JPG
    328.7 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1868.JPG
    IMG_1868.JPG
    369.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1870.JPG
    IMG_1870.JPG
    319.5 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1873.JPG
    IMG_1873.JPG
    262.7 KB · Views: 137
You should get a uvb bulb instead of a compact fluorescent. Also dust with calcium without d3 every feeding and with d3 and a multivitamin every 2 weeks

He is a real cutie. Be prepared in the next 6 months or sooner he will need a much bigger cage so start saving now. Usually 2'X2' X48" .

I would add some vines to walk around the enclosure on.
Also, could you post a picture of the back legs? I can't see any spurs but would like to be sure

To help maintain humidity you could could wall off 2 or 3 sides w/plastic sheeting or foam board.
The advantage of the uvb tube vs the bulb is better cage coverage ... there's not just one spot for uvb exposure but the length of the cage. When you do get the fluorescent fixture, size it for your upgrade cage and use it diagonally across the top of your present cage.
Additional vines/branches beneath the heat zone will better allow him to pick his goldilox level. Also, hanging a plastic leaf section on the door near the basking area would lend a little privacy should he feel threatened.
A simple way to elevate your peperomia and scheflera, for more coverage, is to take an empty pot and invert it to use as a pedestal.
You should consider expanding his menu. I'm raising superworms and dubia roaches and I'm unsure if I'll continue w/crickets (noisy buggers).
Congratulations on your handsome Mauricio and your desire to maximize his standard of living.

His urates look orange, it looks like he is dehydrated. How long is each misting session?

Back
Top Bottom