Need help. Gravid flapnecked chameleon

Roche

Hi Everyone

I am new to this forum. I discovered today that we have a gravid female, we found her in our garden and she stays most the time in one of our potted ficus trees outside, when the weather is bad outside we put her inside on one of the ficus trees next to the window. I dont know how old she is but she seems to be a young female, i tried doing research on them after we found her but i thought she was a male. She eats well, mainly grasshoppers, flies and crickets. She is a very friendly chameleon and doesn't mind been handled. About a week ago i noticed that she was a brownish colour most the time, i thought it was because she was getting cold but even after basking in the sun she still didn't return to her normal colour. On Friday she was so restless and she was moving all over the garden, she also didn't want to eat properly over the past few days. When i went looking for her i found her stuck in a whole that she had dug in the sand but she was all puffed up and hissing so i assumed that she was stuck so i helped her out. I now realize that this may have been a mistake because i discovered today why she has been digging which is 3 days later. I have put he back on her tree inside since Friday but she has not laid her eggs as yet and i am worried she might die, she was scratching around this afternoon in the sand but nothing as yet. I give her water and mist her regularly but sometimes she breathes with her mouth open and i am not sure why. I am worried that i do something wrong during this time and i do not want her to die, any advice would be appreciated.

Yes she is wild but she is very friendly and she likes to be handled. I think she was looking for food when we found her because she was walking next to the pool on the ground. She has still not laid her eggs up to this morning so i am not sure what to do.

If she's outside alot she should know what to do if she's wild caught but if you're keeping her inside you should make a laying bin you can search to see how. Is be interested in a pic of her if you can. Where abouts do you live that you have wild chameleons, that is awesome.

DSC_1348.JPG

I tried to take her photo of her stomach the other day to see her eggs but you cant see with her changing colour

This is her sitting in one of the trees she likes the other day. The leaves all fell off not so long ago

Our girly finally decided to lay her eggs last night, she was digging her hole the whole day and night last night so its such a relief that is finally done. I want to find out if i have to take the eggs out of the sand or is there a way in incubate them while still in the sand?

Back
Top Bottom