Need Help! Pygmy Eggs.

Scout

Established Member
My female Pygmy chameleon has been walking around on the ground pacing for a few days now, I knew she was going to lay soon, but today I found her head first diggin a hole, I now need to know what to keep the eggs in? A Tupperware with perlite? How moist? How often should I spray them if at all, and idea how long they take to hatch? This is my first chameleon and I have 2 Gravid females. I'm sure Pickles will be laying in about a week or so, butterscotch got the jump on her though.

I always use hatchrite as my medium - I have plenty and am in OC so if you need some let me know. But perlite or vermiculite should be fine as well. I never spray eggs and haven't needed to add water either as long as the hatchrite is fresh.

I think mine took 70 some days ... I just kept them in a closet.

I've always used fine vermiculite. But as already said, hatchrite or perlite is fine. Just add enough water so when you grab it, it clumps but no water comes out of it.

Assuming you have R. brevicaudatus , incubation is around 2 months. Just put it in a container like a Rubbermaid and leave it in the closet.

Chase

Thanks you for your replies, would you recommend leaving the lid slightly off, or poking a few holes in the lid with a fork?

You only need a couple of holes on the sides. I usually have 1 per side of the container.

Chase

I always use hatchrite as my medium - I have plenty and am in OC so if you need some let me know. But perlite or vermiculite should be fine as well. I never spray eggs and haven't needed to add water either as long as the hatchrite is fresh.

I think mine took 70 some days ... I just kept them in a closet.

Is it okay if I use moss and just wet it and ring it out really good? I can't seem to find hatch right around me. But I found 4 eggs today! I'm so happy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 110
That will be fine. Just watch out for it drying out. And thephotoprincess is in OC, so maybe y'all can meet up so you can get some hatch rite

Chase

That will be fine. Just watch out for it drying out. And thephotoprincess is in OC, so maybe y'all can meet up so you can get some hatch rite

Chase

I found a store near me that sells super hatch from repashy is this worth getting?

I switched to super hatch. Here's an update.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 143
Perfect. They look good! Good luck with incubation :)

Chase

Thank you chase!

I'll keep this thread updated.

I tried to candle the eggs but they're SO SMALL! And they have dirt on them so it was rather difficult. A few seemed to have a slight pink, one seemed a little too yellow, but I left it anyways.

Give it about two weeks and you should see something. I have had eggs that had yellow spots and went full term

Chase

Back
Top Bottom