Need info ASAP on microchiping python

Also, if Justjumpit keep assuring us that she is familiar with the procedure, then we have to believe her. I don't have any formal medical training but I've volunteered at enough vet clinics for enough years that I would also feel comfortable performing small things too. A couple people have already recommended she go to a professional, but if she says she is capable then we can't keep going on about it.

Edit, never mind lol As I was typing my question about where you inject it was answered.

Thank you :) and yes it is a very easy, quick, small procedure and as long as there are enough people holding her still it will only take a few seconds.

my fiance and i are planning on getting a ball python fairly soon. Do you think we should get it chipped? and any info for us a new owners would be greatly appreciated.

my fiance and i are planning on getting a ball python fairly soon. Do you think we should get it chipped? and any info for us a new owners would be greatly appreciated.

If you have an exotics veterinarian in your area by all means go ahead and get it chipped my python is perfectly fine after and it was not highly stressful with a towel over her head. We did have to put skin glue over the spot but it should come off after her next shed. It was just to keep it from coming out while the hole healed. She has taken a rat fine and swallowed it no problem and the chip did not move.

Back
Top Bottom